No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez's Trainer: Rematch, Sergio Knocks Chavez Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martinez's Trainer: Rematch, Sergio Knocks Chavez Out

Pablo Sarmiento, the trainer of WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (50-2-2-, 28KOs), believes his fighter will knock Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32KOs) out in a planned November rematch. Martinez dominated their September fight, but Chavez came on in the twelfth and final round to nearly stop the Argentine boxer.

[Click Here To Read More]

It's a possibility. Without the bad hand Chavez would've been KOed. At the end of the 4th round I believe (where Sergio claimed he injured his hand) Chavez was a zombie walking after the bell rang. Then in the 12th after he hurt Martinez, Martinez managed to land a punch that made Chavez halt his assault.

Comment

I'll be rooting for Macklin when he fights Chavez so the rematch doesn't happen.

Comment

Martinez gets knocked out. His hand will break again earlier this time.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          I'll be rooting for Macklin when he fights Chavez so the rematch doesn't happen.
          Wait... is this official? Or are you assuming?

Comment

Considering the hand injury, I think Martinez would KO him in the rematch as well. That's the only reason Chavez lasted all 12 the first time, with the shots he took.

Thing is, Chavez could take an even bigger beating over 11 rounds this time, and there's no way the fight will get stopped because of what happened in the 12th the first time, so Martinez will have to actually knock Chavez out.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Wait... is this official? Or are you assuming?
              Not official, but it's the name that's being thrown around. Seems very likely. He was on the Chavez-Martinez undercard after all.

Comment

i think martinez is capable of stopping him, not actually KOing him. if chavez comes in more aggressive, he'll be more open for martinez to touch him up. all he's got to do is close one of his eyes and the fight will be stopped. that or cuts, that's the only way i see martinez stopping chavez.
                also, sarmiento should be saying what martinez is saying, that chavez needs to earn his rematch. sergio said in interviews that chavez gave up his title so easily that night, and he needs to prove he deserves the rematch. then pablo says this, that chavez earned a rematch by his effort in the 12th. these guys need to talk and be on the same page, haha. either way, the rematch will most likely happen cause it's the only fight at MW that brings any kind of money. 2013 looks to be a year wasted by martinez,

Comment

Chavez needs to accept the extra testing first. Hopefully Martinez stands his grounds on this one.

Comment

Martinez is gonna turn Chavez into damaged goods. He's gonna beat on him for another 12 rounds and fuck up his punch resistance. Let's remember that Jr. doesn't even belong at MW anymore, so he's playing with his health from jump. He'll be lucky if Martinez stops him early.

Comment

Working...
                    X