Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three HBO PPVs in 6 months?!? HBO budget shrinking again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    He will get almost double then in 1 when he fights Canelo in September hating azz mfer lol
    Sorry that's strictly Canelo PPV star power, nothing to do with GGG. After the Canelo fight he'll go back to doing his 97k buys.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Sorry that's strictly Canelo PPV star power, nothing to do with GGG. After the Canelo fight he'll go back to doing his 97k buys.
      So what, Pacquiao only did like a 100k when he fought David Diaz. Than got lucky Oscar fought him and the rest is history. Chavez use to do like 50k on the ppvs he did but did 400k vs Martinez.

If there are no stars willing to fight you, it's going to be hard to be a ppv draw from scratch. it doesn't mean a fighter isn't a draw.

And some of these ppv events aren't even to make big $. There just meant to make sure everyone gets paid what they want, that's it. top rank use to do these kinds of ppvs with Cotto too.

Floyd sold 400k ppvs for his last fight, but he was guaranteed 30 mill, Berto got like 6 or something. Thats a loss for Showtime despite better ppv numbers than GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        So what, Pacquiao only did like a 100k when he fought David Diaz. Than got lucky Oscar fought him and the rest is history. Chavez use to do like 50k on the ppvs he did but did 400k vs Martinez.

If there are no stars willing to fight you, it's going to be hard to be a ppv draw from scratch. it doesn't mean a fighter isn't a draw.

And some of these ppv events aren't even to make big $. There just meant to make sure everyone gets paid what they want, that's it. top rank use to do these kinds of ppvs with Cotto too.

Floyd sold 400k ppvs for his last fight, but he was guaranteed 30 mill, Berto got like 6 or something. Thats a loss for Showtime despite better ppv numbers than GGG.
        Pac-Diaz did 250k buys.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Pac-Diaz did 250k buys.
          Maybe it was the solis fight that did 100k? Doesn't make a difference either way, building up a ppv star from scratch doesn't happen over night is the point.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Lil man, you might want to re-read my sig. It really doesn't prove me wrong about my comment if you can't understand something so simple.

Btw, why am I bigoted? Am I wrong in saying the US has one of the worst, if not the worst literacy rate in the so called "civilised" or "developed" world. If I'm wrong, back your argument up with facts and then prove it to me. I'd be more than happy to change my statement if I am, indeed, wrong.
            Ur sig is straight up ******ation.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
              So far HBO has the following tentative schedule/plan:

January: Kovalev-Pascal on HBO
              February/March: Golovkin? On HBO? Or GGG staying on PPV?
              April: HBO PPV - Pacquiao
              May: HBO PPV - Canelo
              June: HBO PPV - Kovalev vs Stevenson - tentative (Duva says HBO & Main Events want to make that fight on PPV)

PPVs in three consecutive months? Three PPVs in the first 6 months of the year (FOUR if GGG stays on PPV)? NOT GOOD for us boxing fans and paying customers.

Seems like HBO's budget is shrinking again. Why else would they try to do Kovalev-Stevenson on PPV?
              I like how only one is a confirmed PPV and the rest or maybe PPV.... but screw it, i'll list them as definite

Comment

Working...
              X