Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has enough of Hopkins' hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopkins has the best active resume if you ask me..but i guess some people just hate just to hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Name View Post
      How do you call it when someone is given more credit than he deserves? Hyped-up, overrated... Just call it as you like, I think you know what I meant anyway.
      More credit then he deserves,

20 title defenses

2 time light heavy champion

2 division lineal champ

oldest world champion EVER

How can you be a boxing fan and call that hype?

Comment

I never liked him

Comment

Awww, no, please you hurt my feelings, no... Not the red K AHAHAHAH

Another Red K given.

We're gonna brand you like the (B)Witch that you are, just like in the old days.

Only serious posters, with an objective opinion/criticism of a 46 year old, Great fighter, at the twilight of his career are welcomed.

Comment

Originally posted by i box foreal View Post
            Hopkins has the best active resume if you ask me..but i guess some people just hate just to hate.
            I don't hate anyone and I don't need to justify myself. I just give my opinion. You gave yours. I don't think that he has a better resume than Pacquiao, Mayweather, Toney and Roy Jones... Those are boxers that showed true light. Hopkins is a great boxer, multiple world champion, but I rank him also lower than De La Hoya and Trinidad, in the history of boxing: a super-middleweight against a fat welterweight I don't call it a fair match. I also don't think he lost against Calzaghe like many American fans say.

I have nothing against Hopkins himself, I just noticed that a lot of people are charmed by his self-confidence and give him some credit that he doens't deserve, as a boxer (not as a man... I am not judging the man here, just the boxer.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

Another Red K given.

We're gonna brand you like the (B)Witch that you are, just like in the old days.

Only serious posters, with an objective opinion/criticism of a 46 year old, Great fighter, at the twilight of his career are welcomed.
              Just like saying that only certified Hopkins' fans are welcomed. Did I miss the "Bernard Hopkins' fan club" sign at the home page?

You can give me all the "red K" you like (whatever this red K is), it's just for not being a Hopkins fanatic and wise people will see that.

Comment

More credit then he deserves,

20 title defenses

2 time light heavy champion

2 division lineal champ

oldest world champion EVER

How can you be a boxing fan and call that hype?
                Maybe because I'm not a boxing fan. I just love the sport of boxing, this is it.

And I don't like Hopkins' posing, holding, pushing, and overall dirty fighting.

Comment

I don't hate anyone and I don't need to justify myself. I just give my opinion. You gave yours. I don't think that he has a better resume than Pacquiao, Mayweather, Toney and Roy Jones... Those are boxers that showed true light. Hopkins is a great boxer, multiple world champion, but I rank him also lower than De La Hoya and Trinidad, in the history of boxing: a super-middleweight against a fat welterweight I don't call it a fair match. I also don't think he lost against Calzaghe like many American fans say.

I have nothing against Hopkins himself, I just noticed that a lot of people are charmed by his self-confidence and give him some credit that he doens't deserve, as a boxer (not as a man... I am not judging the man here, just the boxer.)
                  What puts Oscar and Tito over him?

Comment

What puts Oscar and Tito over him?
                    What really matters in boxing: the quality of their boxing skills, and the beauty of their fights.

Comment

Maybe because I'm not a boxing fan. I just love the sport of boxing, this is it.

And I don't like Hopkins' posing, holding, pushing, and overall dirty fighting.
                      don't ever watch any oldschool boxing. You'll be shocked at how many guys made hopkins look like a Saint

Comment

Working...
                      X