Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003 Lennox Lewis v 2014 Wladimir Klitschko - Who wins and how?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be similar to when Lennox fought his brother.

Wlad would be KO'd inside 6 rounds but it would be competitive whilst it lasted.

Comment

One thing that people don't mention, is that Lenox was heavier to fight against Vitali because he wanted, it was part of his strategy. Same with Wlad did to his fight against Wach.

About the fight, I don't know, I think that if they had fought three times, probably the three times had been difference.
      Last edited by Coachmanager; 04-27-2014, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Lennox Lewis is 48 years old and he would still knock Klitschko spark out!

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
          Can't agree on that.

Wlad has significantly better jab, he has much better straight right, he is a bit faster, has a slightly better footwork, has a better defence, and more one-punch power, has a better left hook.

Lennox has a significantly better chin, he has much better inside game, he is a bit tougher than Wlad, has a great uppercut.

So no, Lennox can't do everything Wlad does, nor other way around.
          lol.. Lennox has the better jab, footwork, defense, power and hook.. he's better in all the departments you listed.

it's smoke and mirrors with Wlad because he's not fighting high caliber opposition so it makes him look better than he is. The truth is Lewis was a far superior fighter and he would have beaten Wladimir even quicker than he beat Vitali.

And the Lewis who did that was in the worst shape of his life, he literally weighed his heaviest ever, he hadn't really trained properly, yet he still stopped Vitali in only 6 rounds. Wlad would literally have no chance, compared to Lewis, Wlad is a B-level fighter.

Comment

Lennox by stoppage.

Comment

An interesting thing is...many wanted Wlad to fight Lennox at the time, and fancied him to have a real shot of winning, and that's when Wlad was far inferior to what he is now, defensively especially...so I'm not sure what basis there is for a fairly faded Lewis to beat prime Wlad, let alone as convincingly as some claim.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                An interesting thing is...many wanted Wlad to fight Lennox at the time, and fancied him to have a real shot of winning, and that's when Wlad was far inferior to what he is now, defensively especially...so I'm not sure what basis there is for a fairly faded Lewis to beat prime Wlad, let alone as convincingly as some claim.

Well Wlad lost to Sanders before Lennox fought Vitali.

So many thought Wlad could win after Lennox beat Tyson?

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post

Well Wlad lost to Sanders before Lennox fought Vitali.

So many thought Wlad could win after Lennox beat Tyson?
                  I'm just saying around that time, many thought that if Lennox was to start slowing down, Wlad was the next guy to have the best chance of beating him and taking over the division. Clearly, that was before the Sanders fight.

What I'm getting at more is that I don't see why he would have a chance then, but people don't fancy him to win now...funnily enough even though he's better and much more defensively sound now, but was 'exciting' back then.

Comment

I like Lennox in this matchup, not taking anything away from Wlad, he has done a great job and turn his career which how many fighters how done such a thing as Wlad, not many. Thats what makes Wlad great, and results he put up in the last decade speak for themself. I just like Lennox's power in the match up and he had sick speed with it. I view Lennox as the best fighter i ever saw which goes back to the 90's, i was too young to know about fighters pre-90's.

Comment

Wladimir has successfully altered his style to protect his weakness which is his chin. The HWs of today are either too small to get to that chin or are just not good.

Lewis is just bad style match up for Wladimir. Lewis had the style and size to get to that chin. Once that happened, its a wrap.

Comment

Working...
                      X