No announcement yet.

Cotto/Floyd/Pac/ fight at Middle weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto/Floyd/Pac/ fight at Middle weight

if you thought Trout was Huge for Cotto at 154(I think trout is a natural LMW/MW)

how would they fare against what some people call "Small" Middle weight Sergio Martinez on his turff? at 160

Prime Cotto
    Prime Floyd
    Prime Manny

they have the same body wight as today but are on a prime state(for the sake of this fight)

all would lose at 160.

Mayweather would maybe have a 40% chance at 160 vs. Martinez and 60% at 154. 95% at 147.

"they have the same body wight as today but are on a prime state(for the sake of this fight)"

no idea what this means but if it's what i think, that a prime Pac would suddenly morph into a 147lb beast with the same skillset he had at lower weights in his prime i have no interest in speculating.
    Last edited by Barry Halls; 12-02-2012, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
      all would lose at 160.

Mayweather would maybe have a 40% chance at 160 vs. Martinez and 60% at 154. 95% at 147.
      you are right, they are jr welter at max... but sergio want to fight Mayweather, manny and Cotto and you all seem fine with that? why?

Comment

so it's between pac and floyd?...pac scares the **** out of floyd he retires or avoids him ..dont act like this is not we see nowadays...

lets just rate their hearts :
        pac
        cotto
        scooby doo

then there's floyd

Comment

Originally posted by googol View Post
          you are right, they are jr welter at max... but sergio want to fight Mayweather, manny and Cotto and you all seem fine with that? why?
          I'm fine with Martinez-Floyd at 154 because it's a highly competitive fight. Why would i rather see a "fair" fight vs. Guerrero where Floyd wins 95% of the time?

A completely fair fight is actually when both guys have 50% chance of winning if we're going to nitpick. And i think Floyd vs. Martinez is as close to a 50/50 that Floyd is going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
            I'm fine with Martinez-Floyd at 154 because it's a highly competitive fight. Why would i rather see a "fair" fight vs. Guerrero where Floyd wins 95% of the time?

A completely fair fight is actually when both guys have 50% chance of winning if we're going to nitpick. And i think Floyd vs. Martinez is as close to a 50/50 that Floyd is going to get.
            I guess one needs a 160 pounder to even the odds against the smaller welterweight floyd right?

Comment

Originally posted by googol View Post
              I guess one needs a 160 pounder to even the odds against the smaller welterweight floyd right?
              Martinez is a natural 154 who moved up for an opportunity to fight Pavlik.
              Yes. Most often it will take a bigger guy to beat a more skilled p4p #1.

Comment

Working...
              X