Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Sr: The Next Great Mexican Champ Will Be Born

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think Chavez jr will be great.. I am rooting for him to be great though... I like the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
      yes upbringing doesn't determine whether or not you will be a good fighter. it's all about your mentality. it certainly can't be denied that majority of boxers come from the lower class. certain hardships and socioeconomic factors can HELP produce good boxers. ultimately, though, boxing doesn't care if you are black, white, brown, yellow, green, poor or rich. . .
      No I don't think it helps that much, the poor do it for money, position, and generally to get UP a bit in the world. They are sometimes unfitted for a job which requires intelligence. Sometimes, they just love to fight because of their psychological makeup. And they may have the genes and DETERMINATION for it. They are often desperate, otherwise they would not-even though they KNOW that they won't be world champs- put themselves into a prizefight for the lust and gratification of the crowd.

Sometimes, when the fighters have NOT had a poor background, they fight because they love to fight, and get paid for it too. They have found that they have a talent for it and want to surpass, and push to the top.

In many facets, the poor and the advantaged have similiar desires and needs as far as fighing is concerned. Young Chavez may want to emulate his father, although he carefully says that he wants to make his OWN way. I remember that Ray Mancini (Boom-Boom) wanted to win a world title for his father, because his father although a good fighter fell a little short on the world scene. You all know the line ".....I done it for you, Pappa....." (sob).

Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
        If mexico thinks chavez will be great please laugh at them now
        You are the biggest joke around here. You are clearly ******ed and the laughing stock around and to top of your pr dam. 1 champ?

Comment

why does chavez get so much hate? you fools realize he had NO amateur background, right? He had to get experience and built up before he could be ready to fight tough opposition. what? u think he should have just came out the womb ready to fight the best? the fact that he is challenging for a world title, albeit against a weaker beltholder in a shallow division, still speaks volumes about the natural talent, and hard work chavez jr. has put in.

you guys just hating cause he smashes fine pinocha and is paid.
          I can't think of any reason why people hate on Jr..
          he has an exciting style
          he never talk ****
          I don't see a bunch of nuthuggers claiming he's better than Ali.
          NO REASON.
          I guess they just hate because they think it's a cool thing to hate on Jr.

Comment

JR is a star. sergio is a PPV failure that's y he and his trainer had 2 make up fake names like "maravilla" ya right more like "maravagina".

As for his fake trainer "Sarmiento" you know his real name is Hank Schwarzkoff who is he trying to kid.

Comment

He better get in line Mexican and Mexican Americans are dominating boxing right now

Comment

cotto vs chave jr. bring it on

this should be a ppv must seen fight. can't wait

Comment

why does chavez get so much hate? you fools realize he had NO amateur background, right? He had to get experience and built up before he could be ready to fight tough opposition. what? u think he should have just came out the womb ready to fight the best? the fact that he is challenging for a world title, albeit against a weaker beltholder in a shallow division, still speaks volumes about the natural talent, and hard work chavez jr. has put in.

you guys just hating cause he smashes fine pinocha and is paid.
                  He gets hate because his father and managers want to make him more than what he is. He is guilty of it himself at times but he is young.
                  Vazquez Jr. has not amateur experience either and in his 21st fight put his title on the line and went against a GREAT mexican champion and he has even less experience that chaves jr.

chavez jr has almost 2 times as many fights and from what i hear he is basically the same bland boxer.

there is also a lot of hate because he has been getting gift fights instead of getting the losses he deserved.

Comment

Working...
                  X