Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joining a Boxing Gym, is it worth it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty much...if you can walk into a boxing gym and do 4 hours of training...you're wasting your time there cause you're already in phenomenal shape...then there is such thing as over training...when i first started at the boxing gym...we did a mile (starting out) after training and before sparring...we'd be so damn tired after running for 15-20 minutes...it wasn't until about a month and a half of that where i could functionally catch my breath and effectively go through rounds after running...

and a trainer wouldn't even allow you to stay there and work yourself that much...after that amount of time...your form and reaction time would be so off that you'd basically just be a sitting duck for someone to hit or you'd just incorrectly hit the bags or mitts repeatedly, causing unnecessary strain or injury...

best thing to do is to work on key basics and build up your cardio for at least a month before you even try to spar...that's going to take at most two hours a day...three days a week...

Comment

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
      pretty much...if you can walk into a boxing gym and do 4 hours of training...you're wasting your time there cause you're already in phenomenal shape...then there is such thing as over training...when i first started at the boxing gym...we did a mile (starting out) after training and before sparring...we'd be so damn tired after running for 15-20 minutes...it wasn't until about a month and a half of that where i could functionally catch my breath and effectively go through rounds after running...

and a trainer wouldn't even allow you to stay there and work yourself that much...after that amount of time...your form and reaction time would be so off that you'd basically just be a sitting duck for someone to hit or you'd just incorrectly hit the bags or mitts repeatedly, causing unnecessary strain or injury...

best thing to do is to work on key basics and build up your cardio for at least a month before you even try to spar...that's going to take at most two hours a day...three days a week...
      You keep on with that buddy see how far that gets you. But if you want to get anywhere, you'll need to dedicate more time. I'm really not going to argue with 2 guys who obviously don't know what the **** they're talking about, or never learned reading comprehension either. Good luck
      Last edited by rskumm21; 03-03-2010, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
        You keep on with that buddy see how far that gets you. But if you want to get anywhere, you'll need to dedicate more time. I'm really not going to argue with 2 guys who obviously don't know what the **** they're talking about, or never learned reading comprehension either. Good luck
        I hear ya...but 4 hours is a long ass time...I went to the gym 5 days a week for 2 hours a day and had to really alter my diet cause I was so drained...bit maybe you know something I don't...I'm just saying that around Houston, TX...it's not common to spend 4 hours in a gym...

Oh and I didn't read your first post...so if I'm disagreeing with something else other than the time...I do apologize...

Comment

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
          I hear ya...but 4 hours is a long ass time...I went to the gym 5 days a week for 2 hours a day and had to really alter my diet cause I was so drained...bit maybe you know something I don't...I'm just saying that around Houston, TX...it's not common to spend 4 hours in a gym...

Oh and I didn't read your first post...so if I'm disagreeing with something else other than the time...I do apologize...
          That's cool. Just to reiterate, I said 3 hours in the gym plus an hour of roadwork. Though it's not uncommon for serious boxers to spend even more time then that in the gym on an almost daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            What's the training like? Do u have a trainer or are you just part of a class type situation?

60 isn't bad nowadays..
            well it really depends, usually we're around 10 guys and we have our 2 coaches there with us depends on what we do that day. and it takes 60-90 minutes usually. i dont understand what people do there for 4 straight hours, like i said one of our coaches is in his early 30s and he was a muay thai world champion, these guys are usually focusin on cardio more than boxers do because they also have to use their legs a lot. this rscum tool obviously doesn't understand the difference between a normal workout and the stuff that you do in camp.

its just hilarious hearing this dunce (rscum) talk about his 25 hours a day "intense" training. here's a guy that sits on his ass half the day posting stuff on this board yet he also does "intense" training for at least 25 hours a day. hell, he probably does more than that. he's not a ***** like everyone else that does only 1-2 hours

Comment

That's cool. Just to reiterate, I said 3 hours in the gym plus an hour of roadwork. Though it's not uncommon for serious boxers to spend even more time then that in the gym on an almost daily basis.
              dude why don't you shut your mouth already. probably has not even seen a gym from the inside and talks about how he sits there doing intense training sessions for at least 4 hours each day.

you saw the video of pacman already being dead tired after 3 hours. after 2 hours he was already done, his intense training was already over at that point. why are you still arguing you imbecile? do you need more evidence? how about frank mir's comments:

Mir seemed annoyed when he addressed the claims of other fighters’ marathon training sessions.

"I hear guys say they train eight hours," he said. "That’s bull****. They don’t train eight hours… it’s not quality training. If I workout two hours in one work out, honestly it’s forty-five minutes of working out. You know what I mean. Let’s be realistic. You have your warm up, your cool down, your breaks, your talking… As far as your heart rate being at 170 and your throwing blows and going at it, that’s forty-five minutes. If you have two workouts a day, that’s an hour and a half. That’s a far cry from eight hours. There’s nobody who’s going four, five days in a row, eight hours a day. I know they can be in the gym. I’m in the gym all day long too. But I’m not training full blast… There’s no way I know of to keep the body from not breaking down...”
              just shut up already. go jerk off to the a-team or something, you dont know **** about boxing let alone training or the human body in general

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                well it really depends, usually we're around 10 guys and we have our 2 coaches there with us depends on what we do that day. and it takes 60-90 minutes usually. i dont understand what people do there for 4 straight hours, like i said one of our coaches is in his early 30s and he was a muay thai world champion, these guys are usually focusin on cardio more than boxers do because they also have to use their legs a lot. this rscum tool obviously doesn't understand the difference between a normal workout and the stuff that you do in camp.

its just hilarious hearing this dunce (rscum) talk about his 25 hours a day "intense" training. here's a guy that sits on his ass half the day posting stuff on this board yet he also does "intense" training for at least 25 hours a day. hell, he probably does more than that. he's not a ***** like everyone else that does only 1-2 hours
                Please find for me the post where I said that I do all this intense training. Where did I say I train 4 hours let alone 25???Again learn to read dip-****.

Comment

come on guys
                  Peace man
                  allow the beef it aint needed
                  boxers they are professionals, remain disciplined no need to give aggro on the net

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                    dude why don't you shut your mouth already. probably has not even seen a gym from the inside and talks about how he sits there doing intense training sessions for at least 4 hours each day.

you saw the video of pacman already being dead tired after 3 hours. after 2 hours he was already done, his intense training was already over at that point. why are you still arguing you imbecile? do you need more evidence? how about frank mir's comments:

just shut up already. go jerk off to the a-team or something, you dont know **** about boxing let alone training or the human body in general
                    Just face it buddy. You're a little kid who just started working out, (probably at L.A.Boxing) that wants to look like you know some **** about the sport. Just based on your comments in the last few days it proves you don't know much. Anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge can see that. You don't know that elite athletes train for more than 90 minutes a day, you don't know **** about the benefits of a decent mouth guard over a store bought one, and you won't acknowledge that there is a difference in quality and protection when it comes to certain boxing gear, yet you're on here putting down the advice of knowledgeable posters. On top of that, you have the nerve to give advice when you don't know wtf you're talking about. Some kid that doesn't know any better might listen to the nonsense you post and take it seriously, then end up getting hurt. Please do us all a favor and get a clue. Admit that you're wrong, and be willing to accept the fact than you don't know everything. Actually you pretty much don't know anything when it comes to boxing.

Comment

Please find for me the post where I said that I do all this intense training. Where did I say I train 4 hours let alone 25???Again learn to read dip-****.
                      so you do sit on your ass the entire day and then you have the balls to call us ******* for not going 4 (intense) hours each day when the human body is not even able to do that? like i said, you don't know ****. go sit on your ass the entire day and then talk about how people who actually lay it on the line and put the work in are ******* for not doing what you feel like they should be doing since you have so much experience in....sitting on your ass. you should be giving advice on how to avoid ass rashes from sitting on your ass the entire day instead of calling anybody in here a ***** or telling them that this is just a hobby like they are collecting coins or something if they go for 60-90 minutes. you got such a big mouth, you cant back anything up

Comment

Working...
                      X