No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux's lonely success story / Cuban Boxing System / Lara article

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Contenders View Post
    Why is it that Cuban fighters aren't more supported by fans? Many of them have tremendous talent, and boxing seems to be a part of Cuban culture...so what could it be???

With the huge Cuban community in South Florida, why can't a fighter like Rigo or Lara fill up an arena with people there like Miguel Cotto can with the Puerto Rican community in NYC? Or like a popular Mexican fighter in LA?
    Thats because Cubans fighters don't go out there with there chin out to be Ko'd so to people that makes them boring.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
      The answer to that question Is very long very political and very ugly the stigma that awaits for them here unless they completely go on a fk my country i hate Castro tour is just disgusting. And very sad for the boxers who are here.
      Good point...didn't think about that. It's too bad because South Florida has the right ingredients to become a hot market for boxing, but seems like those ingredients wouldn't mix well in order to make the recipe work.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
        Thats because Cubans fighters don't go out there with there chin out to be Ko'd so to people that makes them boring.
        But the Cuban community would be more accustomed to that style of boxing...with Cuba's long and successful history in the amateur boxing scene, so the knowledgable fan base is there to build up a following for some of these fighters. I would think so, anyway, but DannYankee09 reminded me about the political factors involved, which just throws a gigantic monkey wrench into it all.

Comment

Working...
        X