No announcement yet.

IF Khan gets past Collazo . . . .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stefjonno1 View Post
    Nope. He should go after a belt so he bring's more to the table. Funny how he's went all quiet on the rematch with Danny garcia. IMO he just want's Floyd so he can cash out and retire.
    Khan's not getting a belt. Pacquiao, who holds the WBO belt, is with Top Rank, Floyd will hold the WBC and WBA titles, and Porter, who holds the IBF strap, would knock Khan out.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
      . . . should it enough to get him a fight with Mayweather?

Or should he have to face e.g Porter or Thurman first?
      Unless something very drastic has changed about Khan (He's skilled but reckless, can be hit and has a weak chin), he's gone about as far as he can.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
        . . . should it enough to get him a fight with Mayweather?

Or should he have to face e.g Porter or Thurman first?
        Who else is he going to fight at 147 with better tools and accomplishments, and the combo of the two?

Like it or not, Khan is one of few qualified for the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
          Who else is he going to fight at 147 with better tools and accomplishments, and the combo of the two?

Like it or not, Khan is one of few qualified for the shot.
          He's never accomplished anything at 147..he's also not done anything in about 3 years. How's beating Collazzo change any of that?

Comment

Khan has some very solid wins in the past and if he gets pass Collazo in my book he deserve a shot at Mayweather, Collazo is no easy opponent IMO.

If Ortiz,Guerrero, Maidana can get a shot why not Khan? Khan has deffo a better resume than these.

But he needs a win in great fashion against Collazo, I repeat Great Fashion.! If he struggles or even touch the canvas once in the fight he can kiss any hope of fighting Mayweather,goodbye.
            Last edited by Lullaby; 04-29-2014, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
              Khan's not getting a belt. Pacquiao, who holds the WBO belt, is with Top Rank, Floyd will hold the WBC and WBA titles, and Porter, who holds the IBF strap, would knock Khan out.

Your right, i stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                He's never accomplished anything at 147..he's also not done anything in about 3 years. How's beating Collazzo change any of that?
                I'm not insinuating he accomplished anything at 147. I was implying the fight would take place at 147. And you didn't answer my question, who else then?

Thurman and Porter are as green as they come. If Khan isn't a viable opponent then they sure as hell ain't. So then, who?

Comment

So a guy in his first fight at 147 beating another guy in Collazo that isn't even top 10 in the division and is coming off a win against Victor Ortiz (who was not ranked anywhere and coming off a year and a half layoff.) is a good fight for a guy trying to lay claim to being The Best Ever????

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                    I'm not insinuating he accomplished anything at 147. I was implying the fight would take place at 147. And you didn't answer my question, who else then?

Thurman and Porter are as green as they come. If Khan isn't a viable opponent then they sure as hell ain't. So then, who?
                    They are green I agree..they would both beat Amir right now IMO though.
                    If Floyd pushes his date from September he could get Cotto/Martinez winner..Lara if he wins..won't mention the 2 top rank guys who just fought even though both are better fights then anything at GBP at the present time.
                    He has options if he comes off that September date. He doesn't have any Mexicans to fight anyway that weekend.

Comment

Working...
                    X