No announcement yet.

Vitaly Klitschko involved in Ukranian's Civil War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitaly Klitschko involved in Ukranian's Civil War

RT:One of the opposition frontmen Vitaly Klitchko has been calling for an outright offensive, but when we asked him on camera, he softened his stance saying he's doing his best to keep the unrest peaceful. Why the sudden change of heart?

GP: Vitaly Klitchko is a decent individual essentially. However, in this he is simply being mal-used by those who are more adroit and more adept, and exploiting the fact that he is perhaps not necessarily the most intelligent of characters. What we have got now is a real drive to overthrow the government by Batkivshchina led by Yatsenyuk and Svoboda. He knows that if Tymoshenko is released then his tenure as a caretaker leader of that party is over. In any case the election for a new president of Ukraine is only a year away, and you have two parties who have huge interests – Batkivshchina and Svoboda – who have effectively allied, pushed for that election now, and they believe that in that case they can position their men – Yatsenuk or Tyahnybok as a president of Ukraine. Klitchko doesn’t see, what’s going on. Effectively they are putting the bodies of the fundamentalists on the front line.

://rt.com/op-edge/ukraine-western-news-filtered-opposition-088/

I give him a couple of months. You don't **** with Russians.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
      RT:One of the opposition frontmen Vitaly Klitchko has been calling for an outright offensive, but when we asked him on camera, he softened his stance saying he's doing his best to keep the unrest peaceful. Why the sudden change of heart?

GP: Vitaly Klitchko is a decent individual essentially. However, in this he is simply being mal-used by those who are more adroit and more adept, and exploiting the fact that he is perhaps not necessarily the most intelligent of characters. What we have got now is a real drive to overthrow the government by Batkivshchina led by Yatsenyuk and Svoboda. He knows that if Tymoshenko is released then his tenure as a caretaker leader of that party is over. In any case the election for a new president of Ukraine is only a year away, and you have two parties who have huge interests – Batkivshchina and Svoboda – who have effectively allied, pushed for that election now, and they believe that in that case they can position their men – Yatsenuk or Tyahnybok as a president of Ukraine. Klitchko doesn’t see, what’s going on. Effectively they are putting the bodies of the fundamentalists on the front line.

://rt.com/op-edge/ukraine-western-news-filtered-opposition-088/
      Do you have a personal stance on this, or you're just copy pasting BS?

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
        It seems like a reasoned and potentially accurate political commentary from someone presumably close to and/or well informed about the circumstances.

RT reports on this particular political fights certainly do need to be taken with a grain of salt, but their contemporary reporting record is certainly no worse, and perhaps arguably better, than the typical standard among 'Western' (I.e. UK and especially US) media these days.

A desire to be informed about this situation doesn't require having a dog in the fight. The posted excerpts are relevant.

Comment

This thread will be about politics and political views.

Soooo.........

Hey Vitali, Bermane Stiverne is looking for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            You sound like you perhaps do have a personal stance...care to elucidate?

I'm not winding you up, just genuinely curious to find out more about the situation. I think I've got something of a handle on the larger political aspects, but am interested in hearing other peoples opinions.

Comment

Makes me sick that American media is talking about Justin Beiber and hardly mention this.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantastic One View Post
                I give him a couple of months. You don't **** with Russians.
                I won't pretend to be well-schooled on this, but Vitali is on the Russians' side here from what I read.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  I won't pretend to be well-schooled on this, but Vitali is on the Russians' side here from what I read.
                  Nah - Vitalis in favour of closer links to the EU. The present Government have strong trading links with Russia and the ex-Soviet trading block which will be put under threat by the proposed trade agreement with EU.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    Nah - Vitalis in favour of closer links to the EU. The present Government have strong trading links with Russia and the ex-Soviet trading block which will be put under threat by the proposed trade agreement with EU.
                    Okay, my bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X