Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Miguel Cotto @ 150 catchweight.. Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
    Marquez is outweighed by about 10 lbs against Cotto fight night
    That's a division and a half, not a small thing. I remember him being outmuscled by Juan Diaz and Katsidis for a bit. He's filled out, but no doubt he's the smaller man.

Comment

beristain wouldn't allow jmm to be destroyed by cotto, imo!! lot of you people thinks highly of the fact that jmm KO'd pac. that can be credited to pac's declining not jmm's new-found power!

Comment

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
        Marquez is outweighed by about 10 lbs against Cotto fight night
        Closer to 20 than 10

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        That's a division and a half, not a small thing. I remember him being outmuscled by Juan Diaz and Katsidis for a bit. He's filled out, but no doubt he's the smaller man.
        On top of the weight advantage, cotto is a strong mofo. He bullies and muscles people around who are his size, let alone a guy thats 15-20 lbs lighter than him.

Marquez is a brilliant technician, and will land some nice shots/make it a good fight, but ultimately cotto would just be too much. Marquez doesnt have the volume nor power to seriously hurt cotto. I dont even know if he has the power to get respect from cotto in that regard. Not a knock on marquez, just cotto is so much bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Definitely. p4p it's Marquez but in a head to head at 150 I go Cotto all day. Marquez doesn't do as well against orthodox boxers (fedchenko, Barrera, Diaz, etc)

and Cotto is just bigger and as skilled as they.

Comment

The most marquez has ever weigh in at is 144 pounds and thats with adding crazy muscle and eating large meals. how the fuk is 150 pounds a cathweight or fair to Marquez?

I know lets have Chad Dawson fight Wladamir Klitchko at a 230 pound catchweight yeah thats sounds fair!!!

Comment

The catchweight makes Cotto a sitting duck, but he is still bigger and hits harder. It would be a pretty slow fight.

Comment

At 150 Marquez beats Cotto. Who probably has no interest in anything lower than 154.

Comment

Cotto by way of UD, at 150 anything lowers tips it in Marquez' favor. I'm sure Cotto picks up atleast a knockdown , on the other hand I don't know that Marquez can floor Miguel. Miguel's very disciplined when it comes to his offense. His leaky D will gave way to some nasty uppercuts in the later rounds but he'll soldier on to a win.

Comment

jmm potentially koing cotto from a phantom counter

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Marquez knocks his ass out and after the fight both kneegel and plankiao fans embrace each other with tears streaming down their cheeks.

Comment

Working...
                      X