No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carlos Molina: A Working Education in The Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carlos Molina: A Working Education in The Ring

by Cliff Rold - Jr. Middleweight contender Carlos Molina has four losses. Featured on the undercard this of Erik Morales-Danny Garcia this weekend, he’ll be seen by most as the underdog against all-action banger James Kirkland (30-1, 27 KO).

But that underdog status is live. His four losses are there but what matters, what makes him live, are the ten wins against a single draw in his last eleven starts.

Sure, Molina lost some fights. Then he got better. This weekend, he has a chance to show how much better.

The 28-year old Molina (19-4-1, 6 KO) is boxing’s latest example of a fighter who, without early promotional and managerial protection, without a deep reservoir of amateur accomplishment, has become a professional fighter the old fashioned way. He’s a model for the value of hard work, adjustment, and improvement through experience. [Click Here To Read More]

I like the improvement Molina has made since the Chavez Jr. fight.

And I'm picking him to beat Kirkland, who still showed deficiencies despite getting the win over an out of shape Angulo.

Comment

Kirk's got 2 many shortcoming, but don't know how well Carlos can exploit them... & wolf & co. overated as trainer...she's copied everything she said SHE taught him...I hope Molina can b on top of his game , avoid the early rounds of danger & out box to win...

Comment

I think Molina is gonna dominate Kirkland.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          I like the improvement Molina has made since the Chavez Jr. fight.

And I'm picking him to beat Kirkland, who still showed deficiencies despite getting the win over an out of shape Angulo.
          Out of shape..? You say that pretty matter of factually. When you take into account the punishment Angulo endured over the course of the fight, he had to of been in the very least, good shape. Angulo was simply outclassed, plain and simple.

I see people calling that fight a "war". Despite the first round, it was a complete whitewash in favor of Kirkland. He didn't just show superior conditioning, he showed he was superior to Angulo in terms of overall skills. I mean Kirkland actually took a step back at times, used his jab and picked Angulo off, which was something people didn't think Kirkland was capable of doing.

Molina is underrated, and has an awkward style. I just don't see him being able to keep away from Kirkland for even a round or two, let alone all night. If the Kirkland that showed up against Angulo shows up, I give Molina very little chance.

Comment

I beted 40€ on Molina. Kirkland is a bum.

Comment

Molina has put in all the dues a boxer could or should ever... but he'll face an animal he's never experienced on Saturday night in James Kirkland. If Alfredo Angulo's punching power wasn't enough to stop Kirkland, I'm not sure how Molina of all people will stop him (yes, I'm aware pillow punching Ishida stopped him - but that was without Ann Wolfe in Kirkland's corner). I like Molina, and everything he's done since the early losses, but James Kirkland with Ann Wolfe in his corner is a machine, and I don't see the machine breaking down this weekend.

Comment

Molina is going to out box the Mandingo warrior.
                War Molina!

Puro Michoacan!

Comment

Molina gots this he didnt even get punched much against faster fighters like lara n kermit, so kirkland is gona have a hard time finding him, angulo tired himself in the first round like an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                    Molina gots this he didnt even get punched much against faster fighters like lara n kermit, so kirkland is gona have a hard time finding him, angulo tired himself in the first round like an idiot
                    I think Kirkland takes this one and is sad, because I like both guys their figthing style is bery, bery entretanning.....good luck to both of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X