This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clmags12 View Post
    Bro, what you said about ability and determination do play a big part. But also culture, social upbringing, experience (basically your environment) does play a part of what kind of fighter you are. There are some tough neighborhoods around where you start fighting at a young age and don't stand for sht. That will make you a tougher boxer/person. You obviously grew up somewhere safe.
    That makes no difference. There's plenty of guys from the "ghetto" that fight like pussies and there's guys that grew up middle class that were tough as hell.

These external factors are all overrated. It has to do with what's inside someone.

Comment

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
      That makes no difference. There's plenty of guys from the "ghetto" that fight like pussies and there's guys that grew up middle class that were tough as hell.

These external factors are all overrated. It has to do with what's inside someone.
      Barrera was an animal. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyBlayze View Post
        being african alone doesn't make you great you idiot, but if you come from a family of athletes it makes a big difference

if you come from a family of fighters it makes a big ****in difference

i hate to brag like this, but i know this **** first hand
        what did your last comment mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
          Barrera was an animal. Right?
          Yes, and he came from a very well to do family in Mexico. He even played class warfare against Morales whom he viewed as an unsophisticated member of the lower class.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyBlayze View Post
            being african alone doesn't make you great you idiot, but if you come from a family of athletes it makes a big difference

if you come from a family of fighters it makes a big ****in difference

i hate to brag like this, but i know this **** first hand
            You stupid motha****er, thats not what I'm talking about. You're talking about relative bloodlines you fool. I'm talking about ethnic bloodlines. I can tell comprehension isn't in your family bloodline.

What I'm saying is, you cannot determine what type of fighter one is based off their racial and ethnic make up as some posters here and, obviously, you are trying to do.

Sergio Martinez isn't good because he might be white or he might be hispanic
            Floyd Mayweather isn't slick because he's of African decent
            Marquez isn't great because he's a Mexican fighter.

Its what they were exposed to, how and where they were raised and how they were trained that makes them who they are.

Comment

nahh its no secret that africans have good rhythm that makes them harder to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret v3 View Post
                nahh its no secret that africans have good rhythm that makes them harder to beat.
                That's a cultural characteristic.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  You stupid motha****er, thats not what I'm talking about. You're talking about relative bloodlines you fool. I'm talking about ethnic bloodlines. I can tell comprehension isn't in your family bloodline.

What I'm saying is, you cannot determine what type of fighter one is based off their racial and ethnic make up as some posters here and, obviously, you are trying to do.

Sergio Martinez isn't good because he might be white or he might be hispanic
                  Floyd Mayweather isn't slick because he's of African decent
                  Marquez isn't great because he's a Mexican fighter.

Its what they were exposed to, how and where they were raised and how they were trained that makes them who they are.
                  you expected me to read that essay, i read your title.
                  and your still wrong on the bold dip****, it's a little bit of training and awhole lotta natural gifts

Comment

Amir's father and mother are cousins. They preserved their bloodlines so that they could make the perfect son. Too bad about the chin aspect though.

Comment

It is all about the individual imo. It has nothing to do with race, religion, nationality.

Comment

Working...
                      X