Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be ranked higher on the ATG List: PBF or Toney?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather might have questions (by some people) about his opposition but he has been consistently great.

Toney on the other hand has been so inconsistent throughout his career. Even again lesser opponents he hasn't looked good. Toney is one of my favorites but he will never reach where his physical talents could have taken him.

Mayweather is clearly higher on the ATG list

Comment

Originally posted by The Bay Bomber View Post
      Mayweather might have questions (by some people) about his opposition but he has been consistently great.

Toney on the other hand has been so inconsistent throughout his career. Even again lesser opponents he hasn't looked good. Toney is one of my favorites but he will never reach where his physical talents could have taken him.

Mayweather is clearly higher on the ATG list
      Tell me, who has beaten better opposition? Please explain if you can.

Comment

Toney.

He fought the best out there.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Tell me, who has beaten better opposition? Please explain if you can.
          Mayweather has.

Off top of my head

Mayweather's best wins were Corrales, Castillo, DLH, Judah, Hatton

Toney best wins were Nunn, McCallum, Jirov, Ruiz

I'd be happy to hear your response.

Comment

Originally posted by joartcc5 View Post
            Toney.

He fought the best out there.
            plus he doesn't have a gay lover named ellerbe

Comment

Mayweather has.

Off top of my head

Mayweather's best wins were Corrales, Castillo, DLH, Judah, Hatton

Toney best wins were Nunn, McCallum, Jirov, Ruiz

I'd be happy to hear your response.
              Can you explain how they were better? I know the names are nice but I'd love to hear how they are better wins at the time they occured.

Comment

James Toney defined what fighting guys bigger than you means

Comment

Can you explain how they were better? I know the names are nice but I'd love to hear how they are better wins at the time they occured.
                  You seem to be in the mood to argue with everyone today. Anyway

Hatton was undefeated. People actually thought he would beat Mayweather with his style. Corrales was undefeated at the time and Mayweather was the underdog in the fight. Maybe people were exciting Corrales to knockout Mayweather. Corrales was a p4p fighter with a 33-0 record at that time. Castillo was a pretty good fighter at that time.

Nunn is probably Toney's best win. He had to come behind and knock out Nunn and he did it. Nunn was p4p one of the top fighters at that time but after that fight he didn't amount to anything and got into a bit of trouble. McCallum is probably one of the most underrated guys that no one wanted to fight. Toney fought him 3 times.

And even now when you sit back and look at what the fighters did after they fought Toney and Mayweather. I think you have to say Mayweather's opponents ended up doing more.

Now maybe you can explain yourself instead of trying to argue with people without even saying anything about your point of view

Comment

You seem to be in the mood to argue with everyone today. Anyway

Hatton was undefeated. People actually thought he would beat Mayweather with his style. Corrales was undefeated at the time and Mayweather was the underdog in the fight. Maybe people were exciting Corrales to knockout Mayweather. Corrales was a p4p fighter with a 33-0 record at that time. Castillo was a pretty good fighter at that time.

Nunn is probably Toney's best win. He had to come behind and knock out Nunn and he did it. Nunn was p4p one of the top fighters at that time but after that fight he didn't amount to anything and got into a bit of trouble. McCallum is probably one of the most underrated guys that no one wanted to fight. Toney fought him 3 times.

And even now when you sit back and look at what the fighters did after they fought Toney and Mayweather. I think you have to say Mayweather's opponents ended up doing more.

Now maybe you can explain yourself instead of trying to argue with people without even saying anything about your point of view
                    I asked you questions because before I can make a point, I'd have to know what you're talking about, no? Inhale.

The Nunn win is better than any on Floyd's resume. Nunn was rated #3 pound for pound and was a heavy favorite. Toney KO'd him.

I'd argue that the McCallum win was as good as the Corrales win. It should be considered better but Toney didn't win decisively.

I'd also say that in moving up to 190 he beat a Vasily Jirov who was much, much better than a faded Oscar.

Comment

I asked you questions because before I can make a point, I'd have to know what you're talking about, no? Inhale.

The Nunn win is better than any on Floyd's resume. Nunn was rated #3 pound for pound and was a heavy favorite. Toney KO'd him.

I'd argue that the McCallum win was as good as the Corrales win. It should be considered better but Toney didn't win decisively.

I'd also say that in moving up to 190 he beat a Vasily Jirov who was much, much better than a faded Oscar.
                      I'm not arguing that Nunn wasnt a top p4p fighter at that time but why is it that he did nothing after the Toney fight. Was he ruined?

IMO Corrales was Mayweathers best win of his career. And I would not compare that to the McCallum fight. Those fights were too close. Mayweather outboxed and completely outclassed the favorite Corrales at the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X