No announcement yet.

Lewis Vs W. Klitschko? Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sterilizer
    I am writing this on October 21st, 2013, as Vitali Klitchsko's career stands now, while he is still active at 42 y/o, and Lennox Lewis' record, as it stands since he retired, interestingly right after he fought Vitali, and didn't want to have a rematch with him.

I think in this poll, the figures are leaning clearly towards Lewis, for two simple reasons:
    1) Most people on here are either American or English in their majority. Therefore, purely by nationality bias, they will vote for Lewis.
    2) The majority of people voting for Lewis are African Americans or even African English people, I'm sure.

I voted like this:
    Better boxing skills: Lewis (even though he was a total cheater who punched a lot during clinches and never got discounted any points in his fight vs, Vitali).
    Better chin: Vitali (HAS NEVER been knocked down, while Lewis was knocked down several times, and even knocked out once).
    Better power: Vitali. As of this date, Vitali has a 87.23% knockout percentage rate, he holds the second best knockout-to-fight ratio of any champion in heavyweight boxing history, after Rocky Marciano's 87.76%
    Better resume (to this date) Vitali. Lewis' numbers:41-2-1, 32 KOs Vitali's numbers: 45-2-0, 42 KOs.

When they fought between themselves Lewis was 37 and he wasn't "shot" or "past his prime". He said he was "at the peak of my powers" when he got the fight with Vitali, who was less than a month away from being 32 at the fight. So we could say both fighters were close to their peaks, because none was 40 or older yet. Also, Lewis was coming from an impressive victory by KO over none other than Mike Tyson, and was also heavily favored, 5 to 1, in the betting odds.

Vitali was winning the fight by two points in all three judges' cards. He staggered Lewis several times, specially before he got that huge eye cut. I will make no excuses though, that brutal cut was a consequence of a punch by Lewis, so the loss was legitimate. But up to that point, Lewis had not been the best man. I'm pretty sure that, had that cut not happened or had it been less dangerous for Vitali's eye, Klitschko would have won that fight, possibly by knock out.

I have to admit though, that Lewis was more accurate in his punches, but had much less frequency and stamina than Vitali, who was able to throw a lot more punches throughout the fight, thus landing more jabs and power punches than Lewis.

Too bad that huge eye cut hapened, otherwise that fight could have been one of the best fights ever, and I'm 100% sure Vitali would have won in the end, because he was the one with better stamina, power and chin, even if most biased guys on here try to discredit him, just because he is a white Ukrainian fighter as opposed to an African American.
    This poll was about W. Klitschko not his brother.

Comment

Working...
    X