No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abril vs. Bogere, Russell vs. Gusev Will Move Forward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abril vs. Bogere, Russell vs. Gusev Will Move Forward

As BoxingScene.com reported earlier today, undefeated Puerto Rican featherweight Jayson Velez suffered a bad ankle injury and was forced to withdrew from his scheduled fight with WBC featherweight champion Daniel Ponce De Leon. The championship match was going to headline a Showtime televised tripleheader at the Apollo Theater in New York City on March 2.

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer informed BoxingScene that the event will continue forward with the two remaining fights. [Click Here To Read More]

I'm hoping they don't cancel this fight.

Comment

Dam injuries just messing up fights left to right velez had this

Comment

Good news for Bogere-Abril

Its been long enough

Comment

i was just about to order a front row seat... i had the mink jacket all ready to go. still two good fights, but i wanted to see deleon vs. velez up close for that $300.00 !!

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
            velez had this beating coming to him
            Fixed that for you since you are incapable of picking anything but a PR fighter.
            Last edited by richardt; 02-11-2013, 11:44 PM.

Comment

2 fights are better than nothing.

Comment

I'm all for the fights taking place but Showtime is showing a lack value for their shows. It has become the 'we will take anything that GB offers' network. Why in the world would people subscribe for shows like this and I read earlier that the Ishe Smith-K9 card will also push through and headline. I'm glad I canceled cable.

Comment

Still can't understand why they can't just cut Gusev a check to step aside and move Russell into the main event against Ponce.

Comment

Ponce's people probably don't want any of Gary Russell Jr to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                    X