Golovkin officially the A-side now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herr Schmeling View Post
    500k > 300k ppv buys

The flat fee just went out of the window. Now grew some balls Canelo and step up to the Kazakh Emperor!!! 50:50 is generous. Take it or leave it!!!
    Post proof that there were actually 500K PPVs sold in the UK.

Also, the buys were for Brook, people filling up the stadium was for Brook.

I mean if we're to make the argument that the B-Side is the reason for the success/failure of an event, then we might as well say 51K fans filled up the stadium for him in Texas and 250-300 PPVs were sold because of him. If this is considered a failure, then it's on Liam Smith. (you see how stupid that sounds?)

Comment

Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
      Canelo is still A-side, but not by as much as Oscar and company made it seem.

He looked more popular because he sold in fights vs Cotto and Floyd. I wonder if those two fighters had anything to do with people buying their fights vs Canelo
      he's the A-side because his PPVs against no-name opponents (lara, angulo, smith) average out at about 300k, which is double the sales of GGG's one american PPV to date

this entitles canelo to about 66.6% of the purse split i reckon. if K2 declines 33.3% or more then the blame will have to rest on their shoulders if the fight doesn't get made this time

Comment

Stop being such fookin NERDS...... all of you dumb madafakas......jeeez....

he sold more....no he sold more....a pound equals more than a dollar...he sold PPV at this rate.....so? he sold PPV at that rate.....I can swallow his whole c0ck...... well, I can swallow his c0ck and eat his children.......meh meh meh.........

Comment

golovkin's not the "A side" but the poor showing for canelo - smith should send a message to oscar and GBP that this is a big fight because of the matchup, not because of the starpower of one man.

i expect golovkin to have to take significantly less money than canelo or this fight won't happen. canelo does not need golovkin. he needs him to sell a million pay per views, but the revenue will still be there if he coasts agaisnt no hopers and smaller guys moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            Yes, let's compare GGG fighting a name in the UK to Canelo fighting a no name in America. SMH
            So he ducked GGG to fight a no-name, hopeless bum, while GGG proceeded to fight the name, known fighter while waiting for Canelo? That's what you're saying, yes?

Well damn, this duck is even worse then I thought and it's just getting even more laughable for Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Schmeling View Post
              500k > 300k ppv buys

The flat fee just went out of the window. Now grew some balls Canelo and step up to the Kazakh Emperor!!! 50:50 is generous. Take it or leave it!!!
              I like GGG but a 60 40 split for Canelo would be more reasonable.

Comment

70/30 in canelo's favor and lets get this fight going. no reason to refuse this from either side!

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                  He took those cuts to build his name. Now it's GGG's turn
                  Lol, im a GGG fan but you guys are seriously misinformed. Canelos got options, GGG doesnt.

again, look at what canelo made for cotto, and may fights

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
                    So he ducked GGG to fight a no-name, hopeless bum, while GGG proceeded to fight the name, known fighter while waiting for Canelo? That's what you're saying, yes?

Well damn, this duck is even worse then I thought and it's just getting even more laughable for Canelo
                    Yes Canelo ducked GGG to fight a no name fighter. GGG then went on to fight a welterweight but known fighter. Both pathetic, although Canelo is more pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      Yes, let's compare GGG fighting a name in the UK to Canelo fighting a no name in America. SMH
                      That's fair if you also take into consideration that Canelo's biggest PPV fights were against Mayweather and Cotto and his others weren't even close to as successful without the big names attached. People pay for fights they want to see, not just to see one fighter and Golovkin/Canelo is one of those fights, if Canelo wants to sell a huge amount of PPV again, they'll come to a reasonable agreement and make the fight. Its the fight that will bring in the viewers, not just a chance to see Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X