Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank Jr. Wants NO Excuses From Critics After Golovkin Loses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
    True but reports are they will fight September 16, 2017 and Canelo will fight @ 157 on December 17, 2016 and will fight @ 160 on Cinco De Mayo 2017
    ... "reports"? WTF... Give us a break...

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Berto didn't outsell ****, Floyd sold every ticket. You were saying Berto was a bigger draw in Vegas than Ggg lol, as was every American fighter, right clueless?
      Fact: Berto has been in fights that have done more draw than anything GGG has done. Period. Let it go.

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      And that killing in the ring again tells me you know **** about boxing. Those usually happen at lower levels, cumulative punishment over vulnerable opponents
      I said NEARLY. Read it again.

Done.

Comment

• Originally posted by b0x
        Okay so for one your asking why Mayweather got away off the ropes from Canelo. 1) Floyd was the best defensive fighter in the world. 2) Canelo was drained at 152. 3) Canelo is not as good as GGG at cutting the ring. 4) GGG has a much better range/selection of shots than canelo.

So to expect Eubank jr to dance perfectly and get off the ropes like Mayweather is crazy. Also a lot of them fall back to the ropes because they get hurt so badly in the middle of the ring. Who has tried to rope-a-dope golovkin? Cause most of what I've seen has been fighters leaning on the ropes because they are in trouble. Then what follows shortly after is a desperate attempt to fire back and get GGG off them before they finally get KOed.

GGG is one of, if not the most efficient boxers in the world. Eubank will get hurt badly in this fight. He can move around all he wants, because yes he does have a good engine. But when he tries to throw he will be hammered. Either that or Golovkin will stalk him, trap him and end him. Eubank is nowhere near the level needed to consistently avoid golovkin. Even Mayweather would not be able to do it. Case in point Cotto and Maidana and so on, getting him on the ropes. GGG would do more damage than them too.

The only person who gave Golovkin trouble with movement, in any way, was Geale early on. He came out moving like a complete maniac. And that was a pace he couldn't hold for more than 3 rounds. And Golovkin was still clubbing him when he connected.

This is why the only guy that is a genuine threat to Golovkin is ward. A bigger guy who can clinch, move and box brilliantly, and also use underhand tactics to his benefit. To suggest Eubank jr has any of these qualities is simply absurd to me, as he has not displayed world-level anything apart from stamina.
        Here's the problem. You have this notion that nobody can stop Golovkin.

You really need to go back and watch

Calzaghe/Lacy,
        Tyson/Michael Spinks,
        Douglas/Tyson,
        Stiverne/Vitale,
        Tarver/Jones 2,
        Barrera/Hamed,
        Boone/Stevenson,
        Maidana/Broner,
        Jacobs/Quillin,
        etc.

All fights where one was presumed unbeatable, only to get beaten.

Or if you really want to match up styles, Wladimir vs. Brewster. Same odds, same styles, yet Wladimir got stopped by a guy who was in no way in Wladimir's class skill-wise. What happened? Grabomir gassed midway and Brewster took advantage.

All I'm saying is, the right Eubank needs to show up. Eubank isn't Geale. He's not Stevens and he sure isn't Murray. If anything he gets better once he gets past round 6. Which means all he has to do is stay moving. And yes, Eubank can get off the ropes just as well as Floyd can even if his head movement is lacking in comparison. Eubank can take a punch, he's taken them flush and kept composed.

But I won't buy this notion that Golovkin can't be beaten by any of the current MW's. Don't buy it. It's all a money game with these cats. Fighters who need the W regardless of money are the ones stepping up. Fighters who don't really need the W but want the money are the ones not stepping up.

In a sick, twisted way, I wish English would un-retire just to challenge Golovkin. JUST to see it.

Comment

I knew broner was going to get smashed by maidana. Broner has crap footwork.
          Point is, wide opinion pegged it an upset because Broner was undefeated.

Originally posted by b0x
          Stevenson is a late starter with just power, who lost to a guy that kovalev drew with and a guy that knocked down WARD lol.
          Point is, wide opinion pegged it an upset because Stevenson was undefeated AND has not been beaten since. Plus that defeat happened in the second round. He got mobbed. That was absolutely not expected, no matter who the opponent was.

Originally posted by b0x
          Quillin was exposed several times including by andy lee.
          He might have been given gift decisions, sure. Don't call them exposures. The only two fights that were true exposures were Rosado and Jacobs. One of them faced Golovkin; the only person to actually cause physical damage to Golovkin's face.

Originally posted by b0x
          Hamed was a bendy, wild and reckless fighter, chin checked by kevin kelly twice, among others.
          What matters is the outcome. Kelley was getting shots in but ultimately, Hamed showed in that fight in particular his power was not overestimated.

Hamed losing at all, much less the way he did, was an upset. It wasn't until afterwards where we learned that Steward and he were having issues and he was lazy in camp that we found out why. You have the benefit of hindsight.

Originally posted by b0x
          stiverne/vitale what is that LOL? you mean Wilder?
          Chris Byrd. Not Stiverne. Got my black people mixed up.

Originally posted by b0x
          Who is this 'English' you want to unretire????
          You really don't know who Chris Eubank Sr. is?

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... Golovkin holds the best power jab to date... and if he also starts shifting... well, nevermind...
            Here's a great video with clear examples of the technique. Along with Golovkin and DURAN, the Pirog clip is pure dope!

Comment

Wow, you want snr to come out of retirement to challenge GGG. Now I know why all my explanations were ignored like they bounced off a brick wall.

Point is the upsets you listed were not upsets to people who know boxing. This would be if eubank won. But he won't lol.

I've explained enough now, told you why he won't avoid golovkin's punches, told you why GGG opponents go to the ropes, told you why eubank could look better than most opponents but will still lose, told you why mayweather was able to get off the ropes, told you why golovkin won't gas, told you why eubank won't be able to fight in the centre of the ring all night, there's nothing more to say. You keep bringing up new points when your old ones get answered.

Now I bow out. When reason and logic are completely ignored I waste no more of my time. Message me after the fight if you need the outcome explained to you.
              Listen you sound like you were born yesterday , GGG is the real deal and a big favourite to win the fight , but Eubank is a LIVE DOG in this , the fact you believe that a boxing match is decided in a forum is laughable and down right dumb , please dont be so naive to think GGG cant have a bad night, there were bigger upsets then Eubank beating GGG , how much unlikely it seems to you BIGGER UPSETS HAPPENED , grow up.

Comment

• the question remains... is this fight a done deal or is this all talk. i am pretty sure it will be a done deal but i love how eubank is selling the fight... i hope he keeps it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  Fact: Berto has been in fights that have done more draw than anything GGG has done. Period. Let it go.

I said NEARLY. Read it again.

Done.
                  Fact: Delvin Rodriguez is a bigger draw than Floyd in NYC. Willie Monroe is bigger than Floyd in SoCal and Berto is bigger than Floyd in Florida. Period. See why you get called a know nothing idiot?

How does nearly bail you out?Is Mike Perez a big puncher cause he nearly killed a guy? Nate Campbell? Fail again.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoneyKing View Post

He better make Triple Juice take a proper PED test - otherwise he can forget about beating him - GGG could seriously hurt Eubank.
                    MonkeyKing, how do you know Triple G juices?
                    Any proof of that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                      How am i a casual? I'm a boxing trainer and a boxer, i watch the majority of the fights, and i even make my own boxing rankings from heavyweight to junior welterweight. All i said was as a fighter i don't see anything special in Golovkin, if i was a pro middleweight i'd take that fight in a heart beat. He's too slow and if Eubank comes with the right game plan he would win, and i'm a 95% sure Canelo would stop Golovkin at any weight
                      yeah right, you must be an awful trainer or blind.

Comment

Working...
                      X