Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC ON NBC: Reason why there was no entourage and why network broadcasts aren't good

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
    Good night of fights overall. Americans like to find fault in any and everything. All of these negative over the top comments are unnecessary. This was the first show on NBC in over 30yrs. Why hasn't anything mentioned this fact? Smh. I am excited we have boxing back on primetime television. What you have to understand, is that this is "regular" television. Boxing is an uncensored sport so they have to adjust to that format. Understand? No profanity. No explicit music. The fighter's have to behave a certain way because little kids and future boxing fans are watching their every move. Al Haymon is trying to showcase a classier approach and viewing experience for the fans. It's the alternative to what we see on cable television, so give it a chance. I think that fighter's should be allowed to enter to their own music, but it has to be CLEAN. I like the no entourage approach. I liked Layla Ali's reporting from the corners. I also liked SRL's commentating. He's very intelligent and says the right things about what is happening in the ring. For instance, he saw an opening for a left hook to the body and then to the head, during the Broner/Molina fight. He wanted Broner to try that combination. Let's give the PBC some time before we shoot down their attempt at a classier broadcast and viewing of the sport we love. And remember, in most cases, change is good.
    Good post. I agree completely.

Comment

Good night of fights overall. Americans like to find fault in any and everything. All of these negative over the top comments are unnecessary. This was the first show on NBC in over 30yrs. Why hasn't anything mentioned this fact? Smh. I am excited we have boxing back on primetime television. What you have to understand, is that this is "regular" television. Boxing is an uncensored sport so they have to adjust to that format. Understand? No profanity. No explicit music. The fighter's have to behave a certain way because little kids and future boxing fans are watching their every move. Al Haymon is trying to showcase a classier approach and viewing experience for the fans. It's the alternative to what we see on cable television, so give it a chance. I think that fighter's should be allowed to enter to their own music, but it has to be CLEAN. I like the no entourage approach. I liked Layla Ali's reporting from the corners. I also liked SRL's commentating. He's very intelligent and says the right things about what is happening in the ring. For instance, he saw an opening for a left hook to the body and then to the head, during the Broner/Molina fight. He wanted Broner to try that combination. Let's give the PBC some time before we shoot down their attempt at a classier broadcast and viewing of the sport we love. And remember, in most cases, change is good.
      GOD-Fr33, I usually agree with your opinion but SRL and Layla Ali were not good. Ray kept saying how impressed with Molina he was. Really? I couldn't believe he was just standing there.

Glad we had the fights and I understand it needs to be clean on network TV but these fights could easily be on HBO and Showtime. Boxing isn't a clean sport so maybe it shouldn't be on network TV. I'd compare it to watered down movies edited for TV. They just aren't as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick6 View Post
        GOD-Fr33, I usually agree with your opinion but SRL and Layla Ali were not good. Ray kept saying how impressed with Molina he was. Really? I couldn't believe he was just standing there.

Glad we had the fights and I understand it needs to be clean on network TV but these fights could easily be on HBO and Showtime. Boxing isn't a clean sport so maybe it shouldn't be on network TV. I'd compare it to watered down movies edited for TV. They just aren't as good.
        What changes would you make, thus far? Remember, we have another PBC showing next Saturday night on Spike TV. Berto/Lopez. Porter.

Comment

What changes would you make, thus far? Remember, we have another PBC showing next Saturday night on Spike TV. Berto/Lopez. Porter.
          Being on network TV, the only real change that could improve it is replacing the announcers. Like somebody else said, all three sounded like robots. I've always like Marv anyway and you could tell he was the only real professional announcing. I didn't like the entrances but that wasn't a big deal. It comes down I'd rather watch it on HBO or Showtime. The commercials bothered me the most. It's the same reason I now only watch shows on on HBO, etc or worst case DVR it. Network boxing is better than no boxing but I don't want it replacing it on cable either.

Comment

PBC means I can't watch entrances like this...

Boxing without characters
            Last edited by TheKza; 03-08-2015, 03:26 PM.

Comment

I'm in favor of the entrances with music but keep the numb er of people in the ring to a minimum.
              We have to remember that the networks are under time constraints so things can't GET out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
                PBC means I can't watch entrances like this...

Boxing without characters
                The Problem need go back to Showtime.

Comment

I first got into boxing because when I was a kid and randomly channel surfing, i saw this boxer (forgot who) walked out into the ring, with an intimidating music and his entourage behind him with a flag. The walk to the ring was long, but it felt like someone was going to war. People behind him with flags, and giant body guards, it felt like this person is really ****ing dangerous.
                  The music added to that kind of feeling.

I know it's not a part of boxing and it's not important, but it drew me in as a kid, and it felt like it's not a game show, but something that borders between life and death.

Sorry, that's how I feel about all this. I'm just happy boxing is on TV.

Comment

Sugar ray was awesome he is better than Roy and Paulie he actually makes sense with what he is saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Roll View Post
                      I first got into boxing because when I was a kid and randomly channel surfing, i saw this boxer (forgot who) walked out into the ring, with an intimidating music and his entourage behind him with a flag. The walk to the ring was long, but it felt like someone was going to war. People behind him with flags, and giant body guards, it felt like this person is really ****ing dangerous.
                      The music added to that kind of feeling.

I know it's not a part of boxing and it's not important, but it drew me in as a kid, and it felt like it's not a game show, but something that borders between life and death.

Sorry, that's how I feel about all this. I'm just happy boxing is on TV.
                      This is exactly how i feel about the ring walks!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X