Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the toughest country in the world?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
    lol I dunno if using boxing is a good way the rank a nation's "toughness". Boxing to one side, pampered Western nations aren't up there at all if truth be told.

I'd say Samoa, Tonga or one of the Pacific Island nations.

i'll cease trolling for a couple of seconds.

poverty breeds toughness. a rough background will harden a population. an impoverished man will value his toughness more than anything else he possesses.

if you want to find "tough" people, look for poverty.

i've never been to africa, but it's the most impoverished region on the planet. i'd guess that you'll find the highest concentration of "toughness" there.

over 90% of zimbabwe is unemployed. people live off of a few hundred pounds / dollars a year, if that.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      rory, i can't say this for certain, but i'd guess i watch much more "domestic [british]" boxing than you do.

i've seen froch fight from ringside...
      You probably do, I don't watch much boxing nowadays. You don't agree that Froch is a tough one? Which fight were you at?

Anyway, how about those Pacific Islanders?

Comment

not america they are a bunch of poofs.

they play rugby with massive pads and helmets

the only reason they box is because the gloves are padded.

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
          You probably do, I don't watch much boxing nowadays. You don't agree that Froch is a tough one? Which fight were you at?

Anyway, how about those Pacific Islanders?

when did i say froch wasn't tough? froch is a tough guy with a good chin.

i was at taylor - froch.

i was mentioning him along the other two best british boxers to highlight how below par they are. you have haye and froch. we have ward and mayweather.

Comment

What the hell has boxing got to do with the toughest people in the world.. Floyd Mayweather.. Andre Ward are two of the most skilled boxers in the world.. when the hell have they ever taken serious punishment??

What the hell is ****in smaller then my most recent **** mayweather gonna do when a big Russian throws him down and bites his nose off??

Toughest country has probably got to be russia or Poland somewhere like that..

It sure as hell isn't anywhere like ****ing England/America these days.. Both pussified little biatches

Comment

when did i say froch wasn't tough? froch is a tough guy with a good chin.

i was at taylor - froch.

i was mentioning him along the other two best british boxers to highlight how below par they are. you have haye and froch. we have ward and mayweather.
              I'm not disputing that... we're pretty poor on the boxing front at the moment.

You were at Froch vs Taylor?? I remember screaming at the telly throughout the last minute, I went mental when Froch put him down. One of my favourite rounds ever.

Comment

Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
                not america they are a bunch of poofs.

they play rugby with massive pads and helmets

the only reason they box is because the gloves are padded.

there's no comparing the hits in the NFL to the hits in the top flight rugby leagues. the guys are tough in both leagues, yes, but the impact is much grater when you have pads. you have to pull back on the throttle and wrap a guy up in rugby, or else there will be injury. football players generate much more force, padded or otherwise, because of the speeds with which they're able to launch themselves. it's well documented that football hits are harder than rugby tackles.

if you can't see it with your own eyes it's because you're not familiar with the nature of these collisions.

Comment

there's no comparing the hits in the NFL to the hits in the top flight rugby leagues. the guys are tough in both leagues, yes, but the impact is much grater when you have pads. you have to pull back on the throttle and wrap a guy up in rugby, or else there will be injury. football players generate much more force, padded or otherwise, because of the speeds with which they're able to launch themselves. it's well documented that football hits are harder than rugby tackles.

if you can't see it with your own eyes it's because you're not familiar with the nature of these collisions.
                  It was said tongue in cheek.

It is well documented that rugby players take as much punishment (if not more) as NFL players in a individual match. just spread out.

I enjoy both games anyway,

Comment

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
                    What the hell has boxing got to do with the toughest people in the world.. Floyd Mayweather.. Andre Ward are two of the most skilled boxers in the world.. when the hell have they ever taken serious punishment??

What the hell is ****in smaller then my most recent **** mayweather gonna do when a big Russian throws him down and bites his nose off??

Toughest country has probably got to be russia or Poland somewhere like that..

It sure as hell isn't anywhere like ****ing England/America these days.. Both pussified little biatches

some russian off the street is much tougher than an all time great boxer, and a contemporary p4p elite. sound logic.

Comment

A sport which ain't for the faint hearted is ski racing. I entered a British Super G competition once and wee came out as I was going down. Breakneck speed on steep, rutted ice.

Comment

Working...
                      X