Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever wish you weren't even a fan of boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing is honestly the only sport I give a fuk about. I find it way more entertaining that Basketball and football combined.

Comment

It's a love/hate relationship for sure. If only we could do away with the promoters refusing to make fights with each other, the bad Al Haymon mismatches, and horrible judges like Robert Hoyle...

*sigh*

Guess we have to take the good with the bad.

Comment

I don't like boxing I just like Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          I mean every week with the bogus scorecards, the crap match ups, the fights we really want never getting made, the politics,the cold wars,the Al Haymon...lol, it's pitiful yet every weekend I'm sitting in front of my tv watching fights that shouldn't garner 2 minutes of my time...it sucks to love boxing right now for sure..... Not to mention coming on here and reading posts from people who don't love the sport, they only love a certain fighter and can't have a intelligent conversation or debate. It's disheartening for sure....
          Disheartening, yes. But to regret being a fan, No.

Comment

I took like a six month sabbatical from it... left NSB, didnt look at the results of fights. I think I was a happier man.

But I'm a sick fuck, so I came back. We all do, we have to have severe issues to be a fan of this sport.

Comment

All the time, but at the end of the day you can't help what you love. However, last week's card seriously made me consider quitting the sport. I payed the whole 65 bucks so unlike many here, I felt the weight of the awfulness of it all. Many people here just stream the fights, so they don't care about how good the fights actually are as long as their favorite fighter wins so they can talk **** after. The whole event was crap, Angulo was shot to ****, Vasquez vs Bey was dreadful(It was so bad, that I was actually rooting for Bey, because Vasquez seemed so happy to just touch and clinch), Santa Cruz fought yet another overmatched opponent, and Mayweather and Bayless almost put me to sleep. Not one good ****ing fight the whole card, and the main event instead of salvaging the card actually sunk it even further. Bayless was incredibly quick to interfere, sometimes breaking them up when they weren't even clinching. He had a very direct effect on the fight, not allowing Maidana to fight on the inside basically took any chance he had on winning away. Mayweather fought like a ***** after getting cracked with that one good shot at the end of one of the early rounds, clinching excessively(without one warning from the referee) and moving way too much. Lesson learned though, not buying another Mayweather PPV unless he fights Pacquiao.

Comment

I don't wish that but I do wish upon a lot of other things pertaining to the sport. It is becoming as blatantly fixed as professional wrestling it seems, and there also seems to be a talent drought at the moment. I think since about 2002 each year has been a slow and painful decline in overall talent and quality of fights for the sport, I could be wrong about that though but that's my personal observation. I have only been watching boxing on a serious level since 2004/5.

Comment

Boxing is like that girl that you can't stop loving no matter what. She cheats on me so I cheat on her with MMA and even love MMA but I can't stop loving boxing. Even though I know she cheats on me and lies and sometimes doesn't even give a **** about my feelings or that I know that she's cheating on me. I still love her, wish her the best and go right back in to her arms anytime she calls me.

Comment

"Ever wish you weren't even a fan of boxing?"

More like "Ever wish some people weren't fans of boxing?" That'd save me some headaches.

Comment

Back when boxing was the most popular sport, the best usually fought the best.

Nowadays there's too much ducking going on, too many fighters are over-protected. Promoters are too afraid of risking their fighters having a loss on their records.

It would be better to be a fan of boxing if promoters put on the best possible matchups.

Comment

Working...
                      X