• Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao leave everything to god!

PACQUIAO LEAVES EVERYTHING TO GOD
    RP superhero weighs suspiciously too light

By Recah Trinidad
    PhilBoxing.com
    Sun, 07 Dec 2008

Las Vegas—Manny Pacquiao yesterday said he was leaving his fate to God in his monumental clash with Oscar de la Hoya after expressing astonishment at how he lost a total of four pounds--as strangely registered on the official scales--following a brief half-mile drive from his hotel to the fight venue.

Pacquiao registered 146 lbs. when subjected to a final check by trainer Freddie Roach before they left for the official weigh-in at MGM Grand hotel from their quarters at Mandalay Bay, a one-kilometer gap normally traversed on foot.

Pacquiao, however, registered only 142 lbs after riding the scales during the colorful, well-attended weigh-in at the Garden Arena, site of tonight’s Dream Match.

De La Hoya , who reportedly had to struggle to make the limit, likewise registered a stunner at 145 lbs.

“Manny is just too light,” Roach told the Inquirer.

The veteran trainer said that, for the first time in their team-up, Pacquiao had the luxury of a full breakfast prior to the official weight test.

”He was a safe 145 ¾ after eating, and a clear 146 before we left for MGM,” Roach explained.

The weight limit for the Pacquiao-De La Hoya fight was 147 lbs.

Did Roach smell something fishy, below the belt?

“Oh forget it, we are ready to go, Manny is a hundred per cent, we will win it,” Roach said.

However, North Cotabato Vice Gov. Manny Pinol, a veteran boxing hand, was soon joined by other Filipinos who also suspected foul tactics during the weigh-in.

Pacquiao lawyer Jeng Gacal told Pinol he too had sensed that unseen hands may have tinkered with the official scales.

Gacal was trying to contact responsible people behind the promotion, like premier promoter Bob Arum, in a belated bid to check the suspected wrong-doing.

“Kung ganuon nagdaya sila, Diyos na ang bahala sa kanila (If they cheated, God will take care of that,” Pacquiao was quoted as saying by a top aide over dinner of barbecue chicken and native chicken tinola..

Pacquiao also assured that he would win because fights are not won over the weighing scales.

“Diyos and bahala, kakampi ko ang Diyos (God doesn’t sleep, God is with me),” Pacquiao assured anxious team members.

“It would indeed be a world wonder if Manny wins, it would be a triumph of honesty and faith in God,” Pinol said.

In war god cant help or save you..
    Many is going off to war today and inside those ropes I wouldn't depend on faith.
    The scale **** is bull**** btw.. why did everyone else weigh in exactley how they should have then?

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
      In war god cant help or save you..
      Many is going off to war today and inside those ropes I wouldn't depend on faith.
      The scale **** is bull**** btw.. why did everyone else weigh in exactley how they should have then?
      LOL exactly. Paranoid fucks

Comment

I wonder if Oscar prays to the same God?

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
          I wonder if Oscar prays to the same God?
          If you mean the big Benjamin in the sky then, yes...
          Oscar prays to the green.

Comment

Working...
          X