No announcement yet.

whos piss poor stamina will go out first Canelo or Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
    cotto doesn't have bad stamina, but canelo on the other hand has the worst stamina of any "top" fighter today.
    Based on what?

He didn't gas vs Floyd, angulo, or Lara...

As canelo has matured as a fighter and gotten more experience in world class bouts, his pacing and relaxation has improved immensely since the trout fight

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      What fight did cotto gas out in?
      Cotto fades mid to late rounds. Pacquiao, mayweather, Margarito I and II, trout, even the clottey fight where clottey could have won it clearly if he pushed the pace.

When cotto doesn't dominate his opponents, he tends to fade late when they are still standing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        He gassed badly against Floyd and Trout.
        I don't think he gassed in those... Trout is just a style nightmare, and Floyd is simply a better fighter that made adjustments late in the fight..

There is a difference between slowing down because of punishment and slowing down because your out of shape..

Cotto didn't gas vs trout, he just got outboxed, same as the Floyd fight

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
          Cotto fades mid to late rounds. Pacquiao, mayweather, Margarito I and II, trout, even the clottey fight where clottey could have won it clearly if he pushed the pace.

When cotto doesn't dominate his opponents, he tends to fade late when they are still standing.
          Like I said, there is a difference between slowing down due to punishment, and gassing..

Manny, Floyd, margs, clottey were all brutal fights where cotto took some serious shots.. That will slow anyone down regardless of how in shape you are..

Punishment slows cotto down, not him being out of shape and gassing

Comment

I don't think he gassed in those... Trout is just a style nightmare, and Floyd is simply a better fighter that made adjustments late in the fight..

There is a difference between slowing down because of punishment and slowing down because your out of shape..

Cotto didn't gas vs trout, he just got outboxed, same as the Floyd fight
            He clearly slows down after the 8th round in his fight with Floyd. It's really obvious. Adjustments had nothing to do with it, and he had taken very little punishment. He just didn't have the gas to stay the course.

Comment

Cottos body shots + Canelo's awful stamina = Alvarez huffing and puffing early on. But tbh Canelo should stop him before it goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                He clearly slows down after the 8th round in his fight with Floyd. It's really obvious. Adjustments had nothing to do with it, and he had taken very little punishment. He just didn't have the gas to stay the course.
                Floyd's little sneaking shots add up after awhile, and cotto got rocked late by a nice uppercut in about the 10th or 11th.. Floyd breaks down guys with subtle shots, just like he did Maidana in the first fight..

I just don't think it's fair to call his stamina "piss poor"

Comment

Like I said, there is a difference between slowing down due to punishment, and gassing..

Manny, Floyd, margs, clottey were all brutal fights where cotto took some serious shots.. That will slow anyone down regardless of how in shape you are..

Punishment slows cotto down, not him being out of shape and gassing
                  Then why were those guys fresher than cotto late. They were involved in those brutal fights. Cotto fades man he doesn't flat out gas but he fades. I don't know how you cant see it.

Comment

Based on what?

He didn't gas vs Floyd, angulo, or Lara...

As canelo has matured as a fighter and gotten more experience in world class bouts, his pacing and relaxation has improved immensely since the trout fight
                    wrong. he is known to take A LOT of breaks because his stamina is so bad. you need to watch his fights more carefully.

Comment

I would think Cotto because he is OLDER

Canelo haven't shown any Stamina issues during his last 3 Fights to be honest

Comment

Working...
                      X