No announcement yet.

Gamboa appears desperate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamboa appears desperate

Did anyone see the post-fight interview with Mikey and how desperate Gamboa looked? Should Mikey Garcia use this reason to not give him the fight?
    I wonder if this is a valid reason to not fight someone now.

That would be weak who is mikey going to fight? I hear hbo wants no more b sides for mikey from now on so I think they will push for Gamboa

Comment

He should be desperate.

Comment

I don't recall Mosley being labeled as desperate when he did that to Floyd. I remember Floyd getting insulted by fans for that. As if he interrupted Mosley or something.

Gamboa wants to fight the best at his weight class and is trying to hype the fight up and get the fans talking about it.

Garcia doesn't even bring money like that. If Gamboa was desperate, he'd be calling out Pac, Marquez, Khan, people who bring decent money. Garcia is unknown.

Comment

Mikey Garcia is high risk low reward.

It's like Lara calling out Pirog at 160 and was declined, people said he was desperate. Desperate for what? To fight a fighter who fans feel is a killer, and brings no money? Yeah, Gamboa is desperate for top 10 P4P recognition just like any other fighter. You're gonna hang him for that?

Comment

because he is but Mikey should fight him since he is a name and didn't look to impressive in his last few outings

Comment

Hell he signed his damn career away like an idiot

Comment

He's with an inexperienced promoter. Big fights will be hard to come by as long as he's with 50 cent. I don't mind him trying to make it known to the world that he wants a fight with Mikey. I really hope this fight happens.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Mikey Garcia is high risk low reward.

It's like Lara calling out Pirog at 160 and was declined, people said he was desperate. Desperate for what? To fight a fighter who fans feel is a killer, and brings no money? Yeah, Gamboa is desperate for top 10 P4P recognition just like any other fighter. You're gonna hang him for that?
                  And who would be high reward in or around his weight class?

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
                    And who would be high reward in or around his weight class?
                    Higher reward around his weight class, meaning also 140? Swift Garcia, Rios, Alvarado, Khan. He can also do what other fighters have done to become superstars, jump all the way to 147 from 135. Mosley and Pac did it successfully in the last decade while Marquez tried it but was unsucessful, he can be the first to do it for the 2010's decade. Go up challenge Marquez, Pac-Bradley loser/winner, Maidana-Broner winner, even fight Broner at 140 win or lose, since he says he'll come back down to 140.

The 147 option is of course if Gamboa dares to take that risk in order to make real money.

Comment

Working...
                    X