Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Martinez show up for the press conference tomorrow?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Martinez show up for the press conference tomorrow?

or will this turn out to be like the Rios/Gamboa circus?

I see a tour schedule, I see a date tickets go on sale, the fight has a big co-sponsor with Steve Wynn and others, 24/7 is planned..........if both show up tomorrow is it safe to get excited about the fight??

Don't say it man...I've been dreading this.

It is like a no-hitter in baseball, don't say anything about it until it has actually happened!

Comment

There's already a press conference tomorrow?

oh boy

Comment

Why wouldn't he when he's fought better oppents? Martinez truly believes he's the best and I'm sure he wants to prove it to.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          Don't say it man...I've been dreading this.

It is like a no-hitter in baseball, don't say anything about it until it has actually happened!
          Totally off subject but i was at the last perfect game that Matt Cain pitched. pretty epic.

Comment

Sergio Martinez was also supposed to be in the Donaire fight, but he didn't show up as far as I can tell. Would have thought there would be some footage of him at the fight. At least an interview by one of the reporters. Does this mean something? Be afraid. Very afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Sergio Martinez was also supposed to be in the Donaire fight, but he didn't show up as far as I can tell. Would have thought there would be some footage of him at the fight. At least an interview by one of the reporters. Does this mean something? Be afraid. Very afraid.
              Yeah heard he was supposed to be present at the Donaire fight since he's in LA. Uh oh...

Comment

Dawson/Ward is on HBO a week before this fight, and they have said there will be a 24/7 for that...

If this fight here is going to happen on 9/15, I assume they will run the first episode of JR/Sergio 24/7 after the Ward fight and then the second on Friday 9/14. I can't imagine they will have two different versions running concurrently.

just trying to cut thru the BS and see if it all makes sense. i really want to see this fight

Comment

Everyone pray Chavez Jr doesnt get injured while training

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                    Why wouldn't he when he's fought better oppents? Martinez truly believes he's the best and I'm sure he wants to prove it to.
                    it's usually a dispute with contract and money though, and with arum you never know. all this might be preemptive to make chavez and arum look good like they really want the fight while they want martinez to fight for peanuts. hopefully that's not the case here but arum and team chavez are the sleaziest scumbags in the game so we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                    X