Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just rewatched the fight and some of you people are straight trippin'!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That link was from poster mt (and then a bunch of numbers) it's good quality so respect to him. If the link is no longer live I will re-upload it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuey's Revenge View Post
      The mouse under his right eye was due to accidental headbutt. Other than that his face looked fine. Especially considering he let Clottey hit him a few times.
      I only watched the fight once. I also think the mouse under Pac's right eye might have been caused by an accidental head-butt. The rest of it was just the normal effect of some good shots landing cleanly. Clottey, although he barely threw any punches, landed a few good blows that made Manny's head snap back. Pacquiao dominated. But this is a fighting sport; even the winner can look beaten at the end of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
        nope...thank god
        Good man, Pac got me hyped. If he fights again, I will definnetly go see him. Dude is something else live. TV does not do him justice. He seems so much faster watching him in person.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          Good man, Pac got me hyped. If he fights again, I will definnetly go see him. Dude is something else live. TV does not do him justice. He seems so much faster watching him in person.

i saw him at Staples Center against Hector Velasquez...we were kinda high up but you could still hear his punches...also, his close-out speed, when seeing live, is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
            That was a dominant performance by Pacquiao. The people whining about him being marked up - well of course he was ****ing marked up. He had no real respect for Clottey's power and more importantly he was trying to lure him into a fight, an entertaining fight. As a result he would stand in the pocket and take shots on the inside to see if Clottey would try and open up. Not to mention Clottey's own admission was that Pacquiao was too fast and at one point at the end of one of the rounds I distinctly heard Clottey say to his trainer 'he's too strong'

I can't even believe that there are people here talking nonsense about Pacquiao slipping simply because he had a couple of shiners. He was in a fight you idiots.

Sorry for the rant but as a lifelong fight fan and current trainer I really have no tolerance for this stupidity any longer.

ps. **** your red k.
            good point and yeah clottey was getting beat up all night long..i was watchin the fight live and wanted the pac man to win...

Comment

The fight was exciting for me...just being able to watch Pac work combos on Joshua's body was phenomenal, and the sounds that you hear on those body punches were sharp! Watching the fight, you know that Pac is doing his best to open Josh up, but kudos to Josh with such a tight guard.

The great thing about watching Pac, is that you'll see something new each fight, and this is mainly coz he sticks with the strategy for each opponent. This is why it's also hard to study Pac fight, coz his technique changes depending on his opponent.

Comment

I am waiting for the HBO replay to really give my thoughts of it. Because, I hear a lot of people saying it was boring. But, watching it live was anything but boring.

And, Clottey was huge compared to Pac. Clottey was like a whole weight-class maybe even two weight-class bigger than Pac.
                Clottey came in at 160 on fight night, if I'm not mistaken...a shredded 160, at that. That's not only a lot of weight for Pacquiao to give up, but a lot of quality weight. It showed in the few times Clottey landed a head-snapping shot. At the start I wasn't rooting for either guy to win the fight, but I was kind of hoping for Josh to pull an upset. After a couple of rounds, it's tough not to side with the smaller man in a fight like that.

Comment

If you think it looks fast in person, try to imagine how much faster it looks when you're standing in front of him. lol It reminds me of something George Chuvalo said in the documentary "The Final Round," about fighting Ali. To paraphrase: "You know he's gonna be quick, you kind of expect it. But when you feel that speed...it's like 'Oh my...oh my, my, my.' "

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
                    That was a dominant performance by Pacquiao. The people whining about him being marked up - well of course he was ****ing marked up. He had no real respect for Clottey's power and more importantly he was trying to lure him into a fight, an entertaining fight. As a result he would stand in the pocket and take shots on the inside to see if Clottey would try and open up. Not to mention Clottey's own admission was that Pacquiao was too fast and at one point at the end of one of the rounds I distinctly heard Clottey say to his trainer 'he's too strong'

I can't even believe that there are people here talking nonsense about Pacquiao slipping simply because he had a couple of shiners. He was in a fight you idiots.

Sorry for the rant but as a lifelong fight fan and current trainer I really have no tolerance for this stupidity any longer.

ps. **** your red k.
                    I 100 percent agree. Most of the time when he was hit, he was standing in front of Clottey literally asking Clottey to hit him. Pac could of just moved side to side all night and peppered Clottey if he wanted too. But he's a fighter first, and wanted to please the fans. Thats why he is more popular then Mayweather, he's a crowd pleasing fighter who wants to close the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Owlzfan84 View Post
                      I 100 percent agree. Most of the time when he was hit, he was standing in front of Clottey literally asking Clottey to hit him. Pac could of just moved side to side all night and peppered Clottey if he wanted too. But he's a fighter first, and wanted to please the fans. Thats why he is more popular then Mayweather, he's a crowd pleasing fighter who wants to close the show.
                      Good point. I agree. There are those who, given the same opportunity, would stick and move all night...even against a virtual punching bag. Pacquiao threw an amazing number on punches in an effort to put on a show.

Comment

Working...
                      X