Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Will Win Ring Magazine's Fighter Of The Year Award For 2013?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SweetScience View Post
    Mikey Garcia so far, he has Juanma next. Another quality opponent at the end of the year then he deserves it.
    Did you watch Juanma's last fight?

He got utterly beaten down by the same guy Mikey tooled before the broken nose.

Comment

If Hopkins fights Froch after his defense against Murat I think he has a shout (if Froch beats Kessler).

He's almost 50 and will have fought 3 times this year (two champions). The problem with Rigo, Mayweather, Canelo etc. will be that they will have fought maybe twice this year by the end.

Comment

riogondeaux , hands down ...so far atleasts....

Comment

When was the last time someone not in the top 5 P4P win it? Glen Johnson 2004?

Comment

GGG if he gets a hold of Quillin (and beats Macklin) or one of the other title holders... Just sheer activity plus a few quality opponents could do it if they want to give him some love

Seriously though I could see Ring doing some ridiculous stunt like giving it to Broner for jumping up classes....

Winner of tourny likely will get it unless Floyd fights twice or Canelo gets another big win... Rigo has the best win all year so it depends who/when he f

Comment

No love for estrada? He beat viloria is facing an undeafeated melindo next. It is also rumored if he beats melindo he will face tyson marquez in november. If he wins all 3 there is no competition in my eyes.

Comment

Canelo, even if he doesn't deserve it. A Golden Boy fighter will take it this year.

Comment

Rigondeaux has the best win and best performance of the year so far.

Canelo for runner-up.

Comment

Canelo will win with the Trout and probably Cotto victory

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
                      No love for estrada? He beat viloria is facing an undeafeated melindo next. It is also rumored if he beats melindo he will face tyson marquez in november. If he wins all 3 there is no competition in my eyes.
                      Those would be a great string of wins and I think he will beat Melindo, and would beat Marquez.

I think its too early to say right now. Rigo could have a case for fighter of the year if he were to beat Darchinyan, Terrazas or Mares

If Mares were to fight and beat Rigo, he would have a good chance.

Most likely the winner of Peterson Matthysse takes it. The winner of that fight beats Garcia IMO.

But who knows? Marquez or Pacquiao could steal the award. Especially if Marquez or Pacquiao were to win their fights in dramatic fashion and stop either Bradley or Rios. Those would be a huge wins even if its the only time they fought this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X