Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Pernell Whitaker or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This poll could have just been an age poll.

Everyone who has only been watching boxing for a few years is picking Pacquiao. Those of us who have watched for a longer time pick Whitaker.

Comment

• I'm glad it's a public poll so we can take a good look at the ******s.

Comment

• Wtf? Those poll should not even be this close. Do people really know their boxing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Juof View Post
          Didnt pernell score a knockdown on a prime de la hoya? Dlh has an amazing chin and pacquiao couldn't score a kd on a past prime drained dlh he just made him quit on his stool
          It was more a slip but yeah past prime Whitaker gave Oscar absolute hell

Comment

• I think both records show that these men fought a high caliber of opponents and were very successfull within the sport!
            I'll give Manny a slight edge for working through so many weigh classes and meeting very good fighters through his climb up the scales!!!
            I credit Pete for being the more skilled boxer but Mannys results are there with Petes! I personally enjoyed watching both these men because they never ripped off anyone when it comes to them fighting hard and looking to win anyway they can!!! Both ATG's to me and could fight successfully in any era!!!

Ray.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
              Wtf? Those poll should not even be this close. Do people really know their boxing?
              It's a sad day in boxing when guys are not only saying that Pacquiao would beat a Pernell Whitaker, but they're also saying that Pacquiao has a better resume as well. It's disgusting, it's idiotic, it's ignorant. We are talking about a guy whose best wins are Ledwaba, Barrera, Morales (when Manny finally beat em Erik was drained), and Marquez (even though I have Juan winning 3 of the 4 fights and the 1st fight a draw, I'll give him credit because that's a saga that will go down in boxing history). I give him a shed of credit for beating a Cotto coming off loses to Marg and arguably Clottey. But that's where it stops with his resume. Pernell holds wins over Roger Mayweather (Who was no joke), Azumah Nelson, Buddy McGirt twice (Buddy is better than anyone on Manny's resume). He beat the hell out of Chavez Sr. and a young De La Hoya. Not to mention 2 wins on Ramirez. I'm sorry, this isn't even close to being close. I think Pernell would of beat Manny almost as easy as Floyd would have. And when I say easy, I mean like a polished boxer sparring with a 12 year old easy. That's what those fights would have looked like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                i dont think so at all. Pernell has julio cesar chavez, nelson, mcgirt, ramirez & paez but that gets trumped because manny has barerra, marquez, morales, (multiple times) oscar, cotto, hatton, mosley all probably going to the hall of fame then you add the clotteys, bradleys, margaritos along with his lineal titles more than pernell & the fact that manny is the only fighter in history to win titles from 112 to 147, i dont see how anyone can say pernell has a better resume than manny.

again, i think pernell beats manny at any weight but manny clearly has the better resume.
                Lol at including shot Oscar and Shot Mosley for Pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                  I'm glad it's a public poll so we can take a good look at the ******s.
                  This is why I always make my polls public. The *******s have been replaced by the Lutards, this thread is

Comment

• LMAO! Haters only need to think is this former 106 fighter what he is doing at welterweight? Case closed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                      This poll could have just been an age poll.

Everyone who has only been watching boxing for a few years is picking Pacquiao. Those of us who have watched for a longer time pick Whitaker.
                      Basically this. Or as with 95% of boxing topics you can just make a poll asking which fighter do you like better.

Comment

Working...
                      X