Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For me, prime Oscar is easily a top thirty ATG...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know why people hate on the guy. He was a great boxer in his prime and was robbed a few times against quality opponents, but he was also given gift decisions.

DLH made the sport more popular and boxers started making millions in the lower weight classes.

Comment

In his prime from 1996-2002, There is no doubt that the Golden Boy was a great fighter. Extremely good, But what lets him down in the ATG debate is that he lost his biggest fights. Trinidad, Mosley, Hopkins, Mayweather. He was competitive in all of them but in the end winning is what counts.

Ok you can make excuses and say he could have got the decisions against Trinidad and Mosley but you can also say he should not gotten the decisions against Felix Sturm and Pernell Whitaker. So it goes both ways, But to me Oscar is still an ATG. One of my favorite boxers to watch.
      Last edited by JK1700; 07-15-2010, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
        In his prime from 1996-2002, There is no doubt that the Golden Boy was a great fighter. Extremely good, But what lets him down in the ATG debate is that he lost his biggest fights. Trinidad, Mosley, Hopkins, Mayweather. He was competitive in all of them but in the end winning is what counts.

Ok you can make excuses and say he could have got the decisions against Trinidad and Mosley but you can also say he should not gotten the decisions against Felix Sturm and Pernell Whitaker. So it goes both ways, But to me Oscar is still an ATG. One of my favorite boxers to watch.
        He was more handsome than Felix Sturm.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
          Disgraceful post. Completely outrageous.
          you give me no explanation on how my post was "disgraceful", please elaborate

The bolded letters are exactly why I dont consider him in the top 30 ATG. he's most certainly in my list in the top 50, he showed heart and stood up to face the challenges set before him, he overcame some but fell a little short on others. He was an amazing and phenomenal fighter than helped advance the sport and lower weight classes. However being a revolutionary does not get you ranked higher in my ATG list, truly there is no set in stone list so this is everyones opinions; This is simply mine.

Comment

Oscar is Top 30 ATG but you have to admit Sergio Martinez is #1 ATG.

Comment

stop being ghey.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by scap View Post
                  Your right Annie its funny you bring Oscar up in this manner...

Me and my wife like to talk dirty to each other to help get one another off and just yesterday I was on top of her fingering her of course and she wanted me to talk about different boxers penetrating her.

It was getting extremely hot for me especially when I was telling her how hard Iran Barkley was drilling her from behind the way Iran was doing her was border line rape...but this session was obviously not about me and the only way she would cum was when I talked about Oscar...I would tell her that she was riding Oscar and she would ask what version? I told her the Oscar that came out for the 12th against Ike...she went ****in nuts exploding like a small creek.

Thank you for bringing up Oscar in another light, he can be a heck of a lot more to people than a boxer!
                  Lmao

Wtf am I reading

Comment

He won against Trinidad and Mosley. He was robbed against Trinidad... he gave Trinidad a boxing lesson and should've won the fight.

He beat a primed Mosley with HGH. He lost the first fight because Mosley used PEDS.

Nobody expected him to beat Hopkins because he moved up in weight and was past his prime. This fight was a mismatch from the beginning of the fight.

He was past prime against Mayweather. People can criticize him for "losing the big fights", but they forget he should've won against Trinidad and Mosley.

DLH was the underdog against Hopkins and Mayweather.

Comment

[QUOTE=Marlin26;8830317]you give me no explanation on how my post was "disgraceful", please elaborate

They're joking. They're rating Oscar De La Hoya's sexiness on an all time scale, not his actual boxing pedigree. Spelled out so you'll (hopefully) understand.

Comment

Working...
                      X