Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A good fight but nobody's talking about it, WTF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good fight but nobody's talking about it, WTF?

On Dec 11 Vic Darchinyan is fighting Abner Mares, I don't understand the reasoning for this fight not being talked about. I expect Mares to box him like he usually does, but Vic's stalking style is also dangerous, what do you guys think about this fight?
    Vic Darchinyan
    26.92%
    Abner Mares
    73.08%

Just the lower weights man

Not that much interest there

Comment

darchinyan in his prime kicks the **** out of mares....

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

That doesn't make any sense, the two best FOTY were flyweight and S.featherweight, so not having interest is BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

I agree with you. No interest at all in anything under featherweight, but that's just me.

Comment

I try to keep interest in the lower classes but i just cant get myself to care

I keep up with a few lower weight fighters but not the lower weights overall

And im sure alot of people feel this way

Comment

Abner Mares ducked Juan Manuel Lopez, they were in the same weight divsion, Abner moved down, and Juan Manuel moved up. Abner Mares defeated Juanma in the AMs. You will see, Abner Mares in the pound for pound soon.

Comment

Bantamweight the weight-class that this fight is taking is the best, deepest, most talented division in all of boxing. For people to really not have any interest in this division is really a shame.

Mares-Darchinyan would not be the best fight in the card. Agbeko-Perez II will be a better fight IMO. The first fight was really good and neither really disappoint. Their styles matches up great with each other.

Comment

Theirs simply not enough interest in the lower weightclasses,which is a big shame

I think Mares will win as long as he stayed disciplined,hard too right off vic completely hes still a dangerous guy

Comment

At Bantamweight Darchinyan is not really proven or elite. Darchinyan is successful when he can use his strength and bully you. If he can bully you around the ring then he becomes very limited.

At 112 and 115 he could use his size and strength. He was bigger and stronger than most. But, 118 Bantamweights can match his size and strength he doesn't have that advantage anymore.

Mares is proven with his draw against Perez... I think he outboxes Vic, wins a decision. Wouldn't be surprise if he stops Vic either.

Comment

Working...
                    X