Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is supposed to be good about Porter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    i have mayweather at three after rigondeaux and ward.

some people think ward should be removed for inactivity. if he's gone a year without fighting i'll remove him. he's got the resume and the ability of a top pound for pound boxer.

guillermo rigondeaux is perhaps the most dominant fighter in boxing, and his win over donaire was recent enough to have gotten him high on my list.

mayweather is #3 in part because nobody has knocked him off of of the list. he looked very old against maidana. he's 37 years old. he lost several rounds to a very basic fighter. prior to the maidana fight i still had him at #1, where he'd been for years. he looked fine against canelo.

could the maidana fight be a fluke?
    sure. maybe floyd looks himself in his next fight.

could porter be on the gas, and could his power be a bit of a mirage? it's possible. was paulie's chin done? also possible.

i don't think porter's power is an illusion. he's huge at welterweight. he's a strong, strong man. he's not the traditional sort of puncher who gets leverage and has great timing. porter's just a strong dude.

he's not going to take a clinch for an answer, and floyd doesn't have the legs to use the ring. i think it's a bad style. maidana proved that. floyd can be put on the ropes now that he's in his late 30's. porter's bigger and stronger than maidana, throws straighter punches with better handspeed.

i can't see anybody would be so confident in mayweather after watching the maidana fight. they wouldn't sit down and compare resume in the ring. they'd fight.
    Lol. Mayweather three and Ward (2 fights in 3 years) above him?

Wilder #4 I take it next?

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Lol. Mayweather three and Ward (2 fights in 3 years) above him?

Wilder #4 I take it next?

did you see the maidana fight?

and i'm not talking about a bootleg boxnation stream. i'm talking about a big boy feed.

that was a close fight. you can call that guy the best p4p fighter on the planet if you'd like. i'm not.

if floyd and ward were the same size, ward would box his doors off. floyd is 37, and is approaching 50 fights.

Comment

• Who at welter does porter lose to NE?

Comment

and i'm not talking about a bootleg boxnation stream. i'm talking about a big boy feed.

that was a close fight. you can call that guy the best p4p fighter on the planet if you'd like. i'm not.

if floyd and ward were the same size, ward would box his doors off. floyd is 37, and is approaching 50 fights.
          Yes my man. Watched it on 52" flat screen HD. I even have it recorded. It doesn't matter though. Maidana at '47 smokes guys like Rodriquez and Dawson any day of the week. How can you call someone who hasn't fought a top opponent since 2011 and only fought twice in that time #1 P4P? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Are we forgetting Floyd's opponents before chino too? It doesn't have anything to do with me liking Mayweather, because I don't particularly, but I think he's better than Ward and much more proven than Rigo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auracle21 View Post
            SO does Senchenko. Porter has a better resume and is younger than Brook. I wouldn't be surprirsed if Brook bows out of this fight at the last minute.
            They're like just one year apart. That doesn't really mean much and Porter's resume really isn't that much better than Brook's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Punch-Out!! View Post
              They're like just one year apart. That doesn't really mean much and Porter's resume really isn't that much better than Brook's.
              Devon beats everybody on Brook's resume easy af.
              Even Paulie beats everyone on Brook's resume.

Same goes for Thurman's weak resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
                Devon beats everybody on Brook's resume easy af.
                Even Paulie beats everyone on Brook's resume.

Same goes for Thurman's weak resume.
                Not the version of Paulie who fought Porter, that's for sure.

Comment

Well Ward struggled with Bika.

Who's worse than Maidana.

Ward doesn't have a legitimate win since 2011 he shouldn't be on any P4P list.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    I disagree completely.

In fact, I would say those would be his strong points.

He has a much better jab than Porter, that's 1 thing. He has good footwork, measures distance well, has good reflexes, throws most punches in the book - He has knockouts by jabs, straight right hands, either hook and uppercuts - just from his last couple of fights.

He worked on his stamina after the Jones 1 fight, but I agree there are questions around that as it's often something you have or you don't.

He's fought on the inside well on a couple of occasions, but against lower level opposition so it's hard to judge.

And of course, he's a precise puncher with a high connect %. Keeps his guard up well etc.

As I said, he does most things well. But I don't see anything spectacular or awesome about him. Not even his power, though it is decent.

But I'm rooting for him as I'm 100% convinced Porter is juicing.
                    I just completely disagree his reflexes aren't fast at all.

His feet and hands definitely aren't fast.

I suppose his footwork is decent.

I think Brooks a decent boxer with seemingly quite a hard punch. That's it.

Nothing he does impresses me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                      his heart, his family values, his strong love of the Lord, and his smile.
                      Oh yeah, great boxing traits.
                      Learn how to box in a church - it's the way forward.

Comment

Working...
                      X