Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 57 years a justified sentence for this beat down??...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 years max.

Its not like he killed anyone.

Comment

I don't know.

Comment

lock that sick **** up

if you give him (basically anybody,) 57 years in jail you're basically telling him he's going to spend the rest of his life in prison

prisoners don't live long. think about a very old person you know and they state they are in, the care they get, their living situation, etc. now imagine them in prison, subject to the life of a garden variety inmate. that's a brutal life. they're not going to live much longer like that.

the question should be "is a life sentence an appropriate punishment for what this man did?"

what he did is disgusting, but i dont think he deserves to spend the entirety of his life in prison for it. he's got to spend enough time in prison to atone for what he's done. that's the question. how many years of a man's life represents atonement for what he did.

ten or fifteen years of a man's life is sufficient punishment in my eyes
        perhaps less. it's really not a process that i understand. you're talking about taking an entire phase of a man's life. he'd come out of prison an aging and getting on old man if you sentenced him to even 15 years.

a question:
        have any of you served extensive times in jail or prison?
        i'm talking about a matter of months or more?
        i have not. i'd be interested in what you can tell us about it.
        Last edited by New England; 04-08-2012, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X