Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tebow's Faith Getting Too Much Credit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, Tebow is an inspiration to the team man. I have no clue where your getting this, no one inspires NFL players thing from.

Ray Lewis, Brian Dawkins, Drew Brees. Those are perfect examples of people who inspire team mates to rise to the occasion.

Tim Tebow is now doing it in Denver. Even Dawkins commented on it.

And Cris Carter has NEVER inspired anyone to play better. This is the same guy who ran along the side line yelling and cursing at people in Minn for losing during the game. Same guy who constantly chewed out Randy Moss on the sideline as a rookie.

On topic: I don't see how it is. No one says "Oh. Tebows wins because of god."

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
      Like I said....Cris was very into his faith as an NFL player (like TEBOW) after his problems in Philly. Sounded to me like Stephen A. Smith was the one saying that Tebow is still not good enough to be an NFL QB. Cris said his technique is bad, PERIOD. Skip Bayless is the one who lost his cool towards Cris Carter - he should have been wolfing at Stephen A., but I assume he felt he could intimidate Cris with his 'experience' (hence the "I've been covering the NFL longer than you played" reference). Bottom line, Cris was the cool one....so what he laughed at Bayless! Bayless is a JOKE! Tebow an inspiration? Please - even TEBOW wouldn't say some dumb **** like that. This ain't the Middle East - it's the NFL! If you ain't already inspired GO HOME! What is Bayless RIGHT about regarding the NFL? WTF did he mean by drafting players? Fantasy Football?? He needs to RE-LAX and play his position. TT hasn't done **** in the NFL but QB his TEAM to some regular season wins. Is he good enough to play NFL QB? OF COURSE HE IS - HE'S DOING IT NOW!! Bayless was confusing himself towards the end and reacting like a weak minded child. Some of the generalizations about CC in this thread are based on this clip alone.
      Cris Carter doesn't think so.

Do you really think players aren't inspired by other players? Maybe Cris Carter never inspired anyone because he's a douche, but you hear all the time from players about how certain players inspire them, because they are great leaders. That is often the difference between teams that make the jump from good to great and those who don't, the teams that have a leader make that leap, whereas teams where, say, Cris Carter is one of the leaders, never make that leap.

Skip pulled the "I've been covering sports longer than you've been playing" card because Cris Carter has often used the "you didn't play so you don't know" card whenever he is on First Take debating Skip. Lots of players do. Yet many of them are wrong on lots of topics. Skip is often right when it comes to the NFL and NBA, and takes a ton of sh** from people until proven so.
      Last edited by bojangles1987; 12-15-2011, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          lol, Tebow is an inspiration to the team man. I have no clue where your getting this, no one inspires NFL players thing from.

Ray Lewis, Brian Dawkins, Drew Brees. Those are perfect examples of people who inspire team mates to rise to the occasion.

Tim Tebow is now doing it in Denver. Even Dawkins commented on it.

And Cris Carter has NEVER inspired anyone to play better. This is the same guy who ran along the side line yelling and cursing at people in Minn for losing during the game. Same guy who constantly chewed out Randy Moss on the sideline as a rookie.

On topic: I don't see how it is. No one says "Oh. Tebows wins because of god."
          I understand motivating someone to get psyched up to play, but to me an inspiration would be that crippled kid they went to see or that person dying from cancer that wants to meet them before it's too late. I don't see a pep rally as some inspirational moment where something is said that changes their football lives....I could be wrong.

And IF I'm wrong....

Then what you said about Cris is absurd. I find it hard to believe that an ordained minister since 1996 has not motivated (or inspired) any teammates. I'm sure just as many (if not more) NFL players would say the same about Cris Carter and Tim Tebow.

Comment

dey just hyping dis dude up cuz he white and all these qb spots be getting filled with black men. Da NFL got to make it look like a white man is dis great thing cause they shook that that position might get completely taken over by us like almost all the other positions. Dis white boy got to be the worst qb I ever seen in my life.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ You are an ididot. Check the math 32 teams in the nfl 28 starting qb's are white. So how is the qb position being infested with black men????????? This is not a white or black issue but you and like kordell stewart have tried it isn't. The dude can play in this league period. He has 11 starts in his career and he is 8-3. And I will give you the defense has played better, that is a fact but he has made big plays in crucial spots where Kyle orton hadn't. Thats why there winning, I'm a broncos fan trust me, when i say that. And his completion percentage would be higher but his damn te's and wr's drop the damn ball "fact". If you don't think he can play in this league then you didn't think randall cuningham could either, look at there stats there very similar in there first handful of starts.

Comment

these people need a life and real jobs.

Comment

Working...
                X