No announcement yet.

Did anyone see the Russian on FS1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone see the Russian on FS1?

For the first fight, the one that scored the 1st round knockout. Did they say he has over 500 am fights, with only 1 loss to Tureano Johnson? That is amazing if that what they said. GGG has about 300 wins and 5 losses if I'm not mistaken. That's better than him. Not saying he can challenge him at the point, because that is blasphemy I'm sure if I said that...but G' dam! Performance was nothing to make me think that wasn't true either, that was a mauling.

Khytrov. He's Ukrainian.

Comment

No. They didn't say that. I think they said he was a silver medalist. Fortune's only loss was to Johnson.

Comment

Khytrov is Ukrainian, he had more than one loss, he won Gold at the World Amateur Championships and in the finals beat up Olympic Gold medalist Ryoto Murata.

He definitely never fought Johnson at the Olympics which is what the announcer said since they didn't compete at the same ones. I doubt he fought him at all since Johnson turned pro around the time Khytrov got on the national team and really started fighting internationally.
        Last edited by Mikhnienko; 08-08-2014, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Early stoppage.

Looking forward to seeing him in the future though.

Comment

Sorry he was saying that Fortune who is 17-1 had only lost as a pro to Tureano Johnson and he went the distance with him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
              Early stoppage.

Looking forward to seeing him in the future though.
              Yeah it was a bit early but he had that "I'm just gonna walk up and take one more punch then fall back down" look about him. Still I'm in favor of letting them try.

Comment

Stoppage was good, he was going to get destroyed with so much time left in the round.

As to Khytrov, looked great in the ams but I'm much less impressed with his pro performances, albeit it's early in his career.

Comment

Impressive. Fortune went the distance with Tureano Johnson and took a lot though I think he just got caught cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    Stoppage was good, he was going to get destroyed with so much time left in the round.

As to Khytrov, looked great in the ams but I'm much less impressed with his pro performances, albeit it's early in his career.
                    This early KO was impressive, and the last fight against Chatman, which I heard people say Khytrov "struggled" in, but when I watched it that simply wasn't the case. A close first round followed by KO 3 isn't exactly a struggle. He's getting KO's against decent opposition now.. pretty impressive so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X