Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones-Denis Lebedev Taking Shape, Syllakh News

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad to see Roy is still fighting. Does he have to go there because he is having trouble getting a license in the States at this stage of his career.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones-Denis Lebedev Taking Shape, Syllakh News

News outlets in Russia are indicating that a deal is close being finalized for a meeting between former four division champion Roy Jones Jr. (54-7, 40 KOs) and top rated cruiserweight Denis Lebedev (21-1, 16 KOs). The two sides have agreed to the terms and both fighters are expected to sign the contracts. The date will fall in either late May or early June, and Moscow's Sportkompleks Olimpiiskii (Olympic Sports Complex) could host the contest. Jones is reportedly getting a guaranteed purse of $500,000 dollars.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
        Roy should have retired after Calzaghe ruined him, since that fight he has nothing left.
        I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not lol

Comment

Roy must be losing is mind!

I luv Roy for what he brought to boxing over the years but to risk fighting this young talented and tuff guy for a little 500K tells me one or two things about Roy. One he can't get over that his hay days are over because he has always been about himself. Two is that he and Holyfield both have to be knocked the hell out until they are banned. Let's put a age cap on fighters that keep losing not the ones like Bernard; I'm talking about professional losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            This is all Germany's fault, Lebedev should be defending his WBO title that he beat Huck for but that belt was stolen from him.
            Agreed.

I'm confused though. How come Jones isn't paranoid about fighting abroad and getting robbed anymore? Michalczewski > Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
              Agreed.

I'm confused though. How come Jones isn't paranoid about fighting abroad and getting robbed anymore? Michalczewski > Jones
              They have really cleaned things up in that regard in recent years I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
                Agreed.

Because he knows this one won't go to a decision. No way he lasts more than a few rounds

Comment

Please Roy keep your hands up and lean ur head back. Think defense first and use your hand speed to counter. Clinch when he gets close. Fight like a Klitchko.

I'd rather see a defensive minded fight than see RJJ get hurt again.

Comment

Roy is gonna get his money and get ktfo if he wins he gets a big fight like thats going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                      Please Roy keep your hands up and lean ur head back. Think defense first and use your hand speed to counter. Clinch when he gets close. Fight like a Klitchko.

I'd rather see a defensive minded fight than see RJJ get hurt again.
                      Lean your head back ?
                      WTF are you talking about ?

Roy keep that chin tucked and gaurds up This (^^^) guy is trying to get you f'd up !!!

At this point I don't watch RJJ fights because he was a hero of mine at one time and I want to keep it that way !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X