No announcement yet.

Broner loss wasn't even that bad after rewatching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
    He weighed 156. He'll be cutting lots of weight to even make 140.
    ^^^This. Even if he made 140 Matthysse and Provodnikov would of given him the same problems. He has a lot to work on and he won't get better fighting Gavin Rees level opposition at 135.

Comment

I look at that 12th round and Maidana was taking vicious shots to the head, obviously finished but Broner didn't mix up his shots.. A body shot would had made it so much easier and he had a chance to get him out of there. Also Mike Stafford sucks.. Dude said get a knockout but didnt tell his boxer how to do it. A regular joe would had notice Maidana hate the body shots and tell Broner don't lean back stand in his chest and throw to his stomach.. Then bang everything to the brain. How many body shot did Broner throw?

Comment

Originally posted by speed2kill View Post
        Or he might have been caught himself. I rewatched rounds 11-12 and saw AB really went for it but couldn't get the upper hand. MM always punched back and made him pay for the aggression.
        true maidana always punches back but i wasnt saying for broner to be wreckless or aggressive. but if he would push and throw more he maybe could have gotten maidana in more trouble, in the 12th maidana was clearly done. im just saying, i dont even like the guy but just thinking out loud lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
          He weighed 156. He'll be cutting lots of weight to even make 140.
          True but Maidana was like over 165

Comment

Originally posted by Wokingman View Post
            True but Maidana was like over 165
            Maidana was 161 and had some fat. Broner was a lean 156.

Comment

On the real, the beatdown was not that bad. Broner was controlling the middle rounds. And this is coming from a bonified Broner hater. I saw a couple shots from Broner that hurt Maidana.

The thing was Broner doesn't punch enough and Maidana isn't the powder puff midgets Broner's used to beating on. I knew Broner couldn't beat Maidana.

Comment

this, when maidana was against the ropes he landed a few left counter hooks that rocked broner, hurting him as bad as marcos was. the last minute of that round was epic, both of them trading big shots

Comment

Broner had has moments and won a few rounds, but the fact remains that he got beat up, knocked down twice and he lost decisively. Keep in mind that he was supposed to embarrass Maidana.

Comment

Broner got my respect in the fight. He was hurt bad and he kept walking to Marcos. I think he will bounce back. He just needs to let his hands go a little more. But all and all very entertaining fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
                      Broner had has moments and won a few rounds, but the fact remains that he got beat up, knocked down twice and he lost decisively. Keep in mind that he was supposed to embarrass Maidana.
                      I knew he was not going to beat Maidana. How people got fooled into believing the hype was beyond me.

Comment

Working...
                      X