No announcement yet.

Just rewatching Amir Khan-Marcos Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just rewatching Amir Khan-Marcos Maidana

Few things I came up with after watching it again today and proper analysising it.
    One Amir does not move his head enough, and like Manny he ain't great up against the ropes, Maidana couldn't really miss when he had Amir against the ropes whether it be to the body or when he was throwing uppercuts.

I also don't think Maidana deserved the point deduction for the elbow to Joe Cortez, I trually believe he didn't do on purpose, heat of the moment kind of stuff.
    I also think that MAYBE just MAYBE Maidana should of been given an 10-8 round for the 10th, Amir got hit and shook up badly, he barely threw after he was wobbled.

All in all, I think Khan still won, I think it was closer then it should of been.

Here's what I take from the fight, I have learned that Amirs chin isn't as bad as I once thought, I think he has matured and understands now what to do when he gets hurt.
    Although you can't strengthen a bad chin (legally), you can learn how to protect it, which I think he still needs to work on.
    Like alot of Freddie Roachs fighters, his defence is not great,
    Combined with bad head movement, he really needs to work on it.
    His ring movement is good, but he needs to learn to stay off the ropes and learn to control his heart,
    He stood on front of Maidana way too much for this fight.

All in all, Amir at the moment looks like a KO in the making unless he addresses some issues,
    Maidana was tougher then I thought.

Good fight.

Maidana was tougher than you thought? But dont you think Maidana needs to work on his defense more so than Khan as khan landed more punches if you want to be fair?

Does Maidana move his head enough for your liking, and how good is Maidana at defending body shots you think?

Comment

Maidana is what he is at this point. He can refine things like how to attack certain defenses better and cutting off the ring better....but he ain't going to all of a sudden become Mayweather esque in defense.

I also agree that the point deduction was a little weak and wouldn't put it past giving Maidana a 10-8 in the 10th. That's something that needs to be fundamentally changed in boxing though. Without a KD, no matter how badly a fighter is beaten in a round, judges just so rarely hand out 10-8 rounds.

Also agree that Khan still won a close fight. And that he's delusional in coming out after saying that he won by a wider margin and that he wasn't that hurt by Maidana.

Comment

Amir is lucky he landed a beautiful body shot that took away alot of Maidanas sales in round 1. Had he never gotten hit with that, i believe Amir would have gone down and out eventually. Maidana was tired 75% of the night i believe or at least fatigued and his body language showed it. hes tough as hell and he deserves props. Khans chin isnt bad as people claimed but its not like its even good though

Comment

coincidentally panda just finished rewatching this fight as well

ur assessment is spot on...round 10 was scored a 10-8 round by one or two judges panda believes

also maidana was constantly adjusting his trunks for no reason at all...he was looking way too relaxed in there. panda thinks khan might have less pop than panda originally thought he had. his destruction of salita and malignaggi was not representative for what he'd do against a real dog like maidana

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
            Amir is lucky he landed a beautiful body shot that took away alot of Maidanas sales in round 1. Had he never gotten hit with that, i believe Amir would have gone down and out eventually. Maidana was tired 75% of the night i believe or at least fatigued and his body language showed it. hes tough as hell and he deserves props. Khans chin isnt bad as people claimed but its not like its even good though
            No luck in throwing a punch.

Maidana is lucky Khan didn't hold his left hand up when he went to his left. No it isn;t luck FFS, it's a mistake.

Maidana got dropped and was lucky to get up for 10. No it wasn't luck it was his will and heart

Comment

All the talk that Roach and Khan spouted before the fight i expected to see Khan put on a boxing clinic. It never happened. Watch and learn before you shout off!

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Maidana was tougher than you thought? But dont you think Maidana needs to work on his defense more so than Khan as khan landed more punches if you want to be fair?

Does Maidana move his head enough for your liking, and how good is Maidana at defending body shots you think?
                I'm speaking about Khans defence and head movement more simply because its important to him, He hasn't got a great chin he needs to work on his defence.

Khan hit Maidana with everything besides the ring posts and he kept coming.

Comment

Maidana said he would KO Khan with the first punch. Liar

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

A fighter ike Maidana is what he is. He hits had and keeps pressing. He fights "your 2 for my 1", thats what makes him exciting. Khan on the other hand was calling out Mayweather and cant even move his head. His foot work is well above average but if he doesnt move that head, Maidana wont be the last one to make those knees wobbly.

Comment

Working...
                    X