Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do some native americans and their tribes have african blood?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do some native americans and their tribes have african blood?

dont know if this the right place to put this..but whatever...i was curious cause i just recently saw photos of my dads real father (my real grandfather) and im told he was native american....buthe looks black...he is dark..has black features etc..i mean he looks more black than indian..can anyone give me feedback on this?

other way around maybe

Comment

Originally posted by RelliK View Post
      other way around maybe
      ???...do you mean africans having indian blood?

Comment

Originally posted by tymann23 View Post
        ???...do you mean africans having indian blood?
        African Americans? yes a lot of them do.
        I'm sure you could have some who have more Native American features 'skin color' but a lot of them 'southern' were already very dark already.

Comment

African Americans? yes a lot of them do.
          I'm sure you could have some who have more Native American features 'skin color' but a lot of them 'southern' were already very dark already.
          o i see...i apologize if i come across unkowledgable in this subject..dont really know that much about it...and i really dont know much about my grandfather.

Comment

Originally posted by tymann23 View Post
            o i see...i apologize if i come across unkowledgable in this subject..dont really know that much about it...and i really dont know much about my grandfather.
            nah it's cool, i'm not either really ads far as what tribe looked what way and all that.
            I think you just asked the question backwards is all.

Comment

Here's a little about it..

History of Africans among the Native American Indians

Runaway African slaves often found new homes in American Indian villages. Even though classified as "slaves" in White society, many African Americans became part of an INDIAN family group, and many intermarried with Native Americans - thus many later became classified as Black Indians. This is a unique history between African (black) slaves and Native American Indians which developed in many U. S. communities.

"Despite every European effort to keep one dark people from assisting the other, the two races began to blend on a vast scale. Black Indians were apparent everywhere if one bothered to look. Thomas Jefferson, for example, found among the Mattaponies of his Virginia, "more negro than Indian blood in them." Another eyewitness reported Virginia's Gingaskin reservation had become "largely African." Peter Kalm, whose famous diary described a visit to the British colonies in 1750, took note of many Africans living with Indians, with marriage and children the normal result."

~ QUOTE FROM: William Loren Katz's BLACK INDIANS: A HIDDEN HERITAGE ( New York: Atheneum, 1986 )

When more than 60,000 Native Americans were removed from their homes during the 1830s by U.S. Federal troops from the southeastern states of the United States - they were forced Westward to Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska. This was called the "Trail of Tears."

In some cases, Blacks and Indians joined together in acts of rebellion to massacre White plantation owners and White soldiers. Many of these Native American tribes had previously embraced and either helped or kept numerous African Americans as slaves. African Americans and Native Americans created a mixed cultural blend depending upon the specific tribal group.

WELL-KNOWN BLACK INDIANS:

* Tina Turner

* Rosa Parks

* Eartha Kitt

* L.L. Cool J.

* Debbie Allen

* Felicia Rashad

* James Earl Jones

* The Jacksons... ( Janet, Michael, etc.)

Comment

Here's a little about it..

wow bro..thank you very much...sooo ive had african ancestry for my whole life and never realized it haha

Comment

Everybody has African blood.

Comment

Working...
                  X