Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malignaggi not fighting in Brooklyn. Now left with Berto or Chaves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malignaggi not fighting in Brooklyn. Now left with Berto or Chaves?

Malignaggi's next fight likely not in BK

Sorry, local Paulie Malignaggi fans. It’s looking like the WBA welterweight champion won’t be making his second title defense in Brooklyn at Barclays Center after all.

The 32-year-old Bensonhurst-bred hitter was going to glove up on Apr. 27 in Brooklyn, but that plan seems to have shifted. Terms to fight Shane Mosley couldn’t be hashed out, so Malignaggi (32-4) is looking at other foes, in other locales.

One possibility, he told NYFightblog, is a bout some seven thousand or so miles away. He doesn't want to announce the location, because he first has to perform some due diligence on the promoter. Another possibility is a fight against Andre Berto, on the West Coast.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/box...kely-not-in-bk

Seems Schaefer has vetoed the Maidana fight outright. I don't think Berto deserves a shot although it would suit GBP. I'd rather see Malignaggi take care of his mandatory (who is surely the opponent mentioned as being thousands of miles away).

Why can't he fight Maidana? I thought the reason was that Maidana couldn't fill seats at the Barclay's. If their not fighting at the Barclay's what's the excuse now?

Comment

Fcuk Berto, he doesnt deserve the shot. His cheating ass got beaten down by a career lightweight, that was something else, but not nearly as funny as watching the stiff flat footed idiot come out in the philly shell thinking he's Floyd Jr. Nah, he can earn his shot at a belt

Comment

He's probably gonna face TBA in whogivesafuckland

Comment

Schaefer is the guy talking about he does whatever his fighters want unlike arium right? His too guys want to fight and he won't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
            Schaefer is the guy talking about he does whatever his fighters want unlike arium right? His too guys want to fight and he won't do it.
            Shhhh, you might break the illusion...and to think Schaffer had the audacity to say "If Donaire is not his own boss and cannot fight who he wants then just say it"...Well Richard, Paulie has said he wants to fight Maidana, so why can't he do it?

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
              Fcuk Berto, he doesnt deserve the shot. His cheating ass got beaten down by a career lightweight, that was something else, but not nearly as funny as watching the stiff flat footed idiot come out in the philly shell thinking he's Floyd Jr. Nah, he can earn his shot at a belt
              That's assuming Paulie deserves to have a belt in the first place, which he doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                That's assuming Paulie deserves to have a belt in the first place, which he doesn't.
                The Cano fight is debatable but I was actually impressed how he took the belt away from home against the odds. With the dilution of the belts, I'm not going to begrudge Paulie his time in the sun

Comment

They should give Hatton a call, I think Ricky whoops that ass and rides off into the sunset.

Comment

I would put the mandatory fight between Chaves and Malinaggi and the same night an eliminatory fight between Berto and Maidana. To be honest I don't know why Goldenboy is promoting Maidana if they have no plans for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X