No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Returns November, Bute Rematch in March

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch Returns November, Bute Rematch in March

Carl Froch will defend his IBF World super middleweight title in the UK this winter after both his and Lucian Bute’s teams decided to delay the rematch which is now pencilled for March 2013 in Montreal.

The Cobra ripped the IBF belt from Bute with a stunning fifth round stoppage in Nottingham in May, and Froch’s promoter Eddie Hearn says the three-time World champion will now defend his title in the UK in November.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Kessler rematch, in Nottingham thats all i ask.

Comment

Froch destroys his ass again.

Comment

Froch via KO once again. Might take a tad longer because I expect Bute to be on a bicycle the who time.

Comment

For some reason I see Bute putting on a lot better performance this time.Bute is a good fighter but his policy of hand picking fights really showed up in the Froch fight. He just was not ready for it. After his beating he knows what he is in for.

Comment

Originally posted by SPREAD View Post
            Kessler rematch, in Nottingham thats all i ask.
            I think that fight would and should take place in a stadium in front of a massive crowd. In november there would have to be a retractable roof. I don't know whether the stadium in Nottingham has such a roof, but if it does not, I believe the chances of this fight taking place next just dropped by quite a bit.

That probably means that Kelly Pavlik will be a hot commodity if hé wins saturday. I'd expect both matchroom (Froch) and Sauerland (Kessler) to make him an offer.

Comment

Lets go Lucian.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                I think that fight would and should take place in a stadium in front of a massive crowd. In november there would have to be a retractable roof. I don't know whether the stadium in Nottingham has such a roof, but if it does not, I believe the chances of this fight taking place next just dropped by quite a bit.

That probably means that Kelly Pavlik will be a hot commodity if hé wins saturday. I'd expect both matchroom (Froch) and Sauerland (Kessler) to make him an offer.
                Whats wrong with the Trent fm arena?.

Comment

Originally posted by SPREAD View Post
                  Whats wrong with the Trent fm arena?.
                  What's the capacity? 10k?

This fight can draw 3 times as much. Easy.

Comment

Froch has already said if they get the Kessler fight they would have it at the City Ground in Nottingham which has a plus 30,000 seat capacity. They'll have seats around the ring too which should push it up to 40-50 thousand.

Comment

Working...
                    X