Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Rank doing the most? Jessie Vargas didn't even get a dressing room for his fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Rank doing the most? Jessie Vargas didn't even get a dressing room for his fight

That sucks. He had to rest on some hard ass table and chairs in the hallway of the arena while Oscar's golden goose Sadam Ali got the royal treatment. Isn't it Arum's obligation to get Jessie equal treatment? Didn't go as planned though.

Last edited by Nubia; 03-09-2016, 04:43 AM.

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
    Arum's golden goose Sadam Ali got the royal treatment.
    ali is w/ oscar, not arum.

but i know on this site facts are irrelevant . . .

Comment

That sucks. He had to rest on some hard ass table and chairs in the hallway of the arena while Arum's golden goose Sadam Ali got the royal treatment. Didn't go as planned though.

this fight and his mentality, wanting to rematch bradley rather than milk on some defenses really made me a fan
      rooting for him against bradley if that fight gets made !

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
        ali is w/ oscar, not arum.

but i know on this site facts are irrelevant . . .
        You're right, that's a typo. Oscar's golden goose got the royal treatment, while Arum didn't even bother to fight for a dressing room for his fighter. Sad all the way around. It shouldn't matter if Golden Boy was the lead promoter (I don't know who was), stuff like that shouldn't happen.

Comment

Isn't he a Mayweather fighter? Shouldn't Mayweather promotion had done more in that aspect?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Isn't he a Mayweather fighter? Shouldn't Mayweather promotion had done more in that aspect?
            No, he left Mayweather Promotions a long time ago for Top Rank.

He's shown his displeasure for a while now as do most Top Rank associates.

Comment

No, he left Mayweather Promotions a long time ago for Top Rank.

He's shown his displeasure for a while now as do most Top Rank associates.
              Oh gosh ya, is that how he got the Bradley fight? Didn't realise he is with Top rank now, didn't they look out for him or his manager do something about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Oh gosh ya, is that how he got the Bradley fight? Didn't realise he is with Top rank now, didn't they look out for him or his manager do something about that?
                I don't know the particulars, but I'd be upset with my promoter if he couldn't even negotiate having a dressing room. Even if Golden Boy was the lead promoter (it was a split promotion event), Jessie should have gotten a dressing room.

Comment

Young up and comers and prospects need to stay away from Top Rank! This is how they treat em.

Comment

I don't know, but after the fight Vargas was sure hugging up on Arum and thanking him quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                    X