Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has The May-Ghost PPV Buys Been Released Yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rafael said on his chat this week: “I have good industry sources who swear on their children that this fight will not reach 1 million buys, much less be ‘in excess’ if 1 million and I believe them. These are people with no dog in the fight who I respect and have known for many years and trust. I am told that the number right now is about 870,000 buys.”

Rafael doesn’t think another 130,000 buys are going to materialize by the time the final tally is in.

If the numbers that Rafael is taking about is true then it makes it even more for Mayweather to agree on a fight against WBA/WBC junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez for September because only Canelo has the popularity to shoot Mayweathyer’s PPV totals back well above 1 million PPV buys. The only fighter besides Canelo that can do this is Manny Pacquiao, but of course that will likely never happen due to a number of reasons that are well known to boxing fans.

Rafael said recently that for Showtime to turn a profit on the Mayweather-Guerrero fight it would have had to bring in between 1.1 to 1.2 million PPV buys. At 870,000, it would appear that the fight will be a loss for Showtime, if what Rafael says is true.
    believe who you want folks but the truth is here

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
      the network (former gb employee) said he would release the numbers on a friday and it would do over a million

fat dan who is impartial said very good sources said the fight did closer to 900k to 1m, he ended with believe it or keep believing the lies gb feed you

the fight did less than a million, for the first time golden boy refused to reveal the actual numbers as they were low

showtime lost around 15-20m on the fight, hence forcing floyd to fight canelo
      Fat Dan is not impartial. He's been caught fiddling with numbers in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        See 2 bolded wills, and some strangely bad grammar lol
        Will be over a million, it already hit a million. Duh

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
          Will be over a million, it already hit a million. Duh
          So the count was at 1,000,000 and he wasn't comfortable fudging it by one? GTFO

Comment

do the math of 870k buys for the pricetage they charged which close 65mil; so that means Showtime and CBS spent 80 mil on that fight I doubt; what funny people will say Stephen said words like will and maybe. But never include Dan Rafeal and Forbes say rumored and sources.

Comment

Originally posted by secondsin View Post
              I've been busy, so I have'nt been online for some time,
              and curious if the official ppv buys from Floyd-Robert has been released yet.
              It's been 2 & a half months since the fight!

I googled it and have different sites saying different things,
              so are the official ones released or what???
              It never fails, lmao!

Comment

It's kind of depressing that some diehard Floyd fans have deluded themselves into thinking that this PPV was somehow a roaring success, despite no release of official numbers whatsoever. I guess in their mind they think less than a million buys is some kind of knock on Floyd's star power, but it's really not. I don't give a **** who you are or how talented you are, every fighter needs a good dance partner to break 1 million buys, and Guerrero was anything but.

Not only was he completely unknown to casual boxing fans, but even hardcore boxing fans who knew him well laughed at his chances of winning more than a round or two.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                  believe who you want folks but the truth is here
                  Nothing's there. Dan and Iole have been wrong about PPV numbers plenty of times. Iole especially is a UFC stooge. Showsport's president trumps Dan Rafael.

Showtime also said Dan's break even estimates were complete and utter horse ****. But Dan gets away with it because he has his mystery "source." That's the thing about boxing, all you have to do is put "anonymous source" on the end of a sentence and all the cretins will believe you.
                  Last edited by croz; 07-21-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    So the count was at 1,000,000 and he wasn't comfortable fudging it by one? GTFO
                    I doubt they look at the single digits over idiot, when he says will be over he probably meant 1.1 or 1.2 not 1 over 1 mil. Common sense isn't hard unless you haven't any.

Comment

There are people out there guys who make stuff up, and then there are those who know. If you can't give a specific number, then it's all just mumbo jumbo, misinformation given on purpose to keep up the hate of the fighter that they don't like. That's all. Margarito's fans are displaced, Pac's fans are displaced, and when Mtthysse's fans become displaced, I'm going to ban myself because the ish that I'm going to post...you don't want to read.

Comment

Working...
                      X