Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo looking to improve his strength & conditioning possibly with Ariza or Heredia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    What is Ariza's resume aside from Roach fighters? What are his other notable achievements in high level sport? Makes me nervous when I see these fighters gravitate towards coaches who don't seem to have the resumes to justify it. Ariza does have Pacquiao on his CV I suppose, that's probably enough to keep him in work for a long time by itself.

ariza is quite qualified to condition a professional boxer, especially today. i think he uses PEDs, but i'm only speculating.

aside from pacquiao he's worked with khan and chavez jr. khan dropped himi for a fight against mccloskey and looked like garbage. JR makes 160 lbs by the grace of god (and he used to do it with the help of alex ariza.)

before roach allowed him to work with fighters he made him go through an unpaid apprenticeship. he's been in boxing for quite a few years now.

he's qualified enough, at least in my opinion, doc.

i think people have distanced themselves from him because he's dirty. i think they're all dirty.

Comment

I'd get rid of Chavez Jr who's become a joke and go with Canelo if I was Protein shake Arriza

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        ariza is quite qualified to condition a professional boxer, especially today. i think he uses PEDs, but i'm only speculating.

aside from pacquiao he's worked with khan and chavez jr. khan dropped himi for a fight against mccloskey and looked like garbage. JR makes 160 lbs by the grace of god (and he used to do it with the help of alex ariza.)

before roach allowed him to work with fighters he made him go through an unpaid apprenticeship. he's been in boxing for quite a few years now.

i think people have distanced themselves from him because he's dirty. i think they're all dirty.
        I'm sure he's qualified, but's it a bit like those 8 or 9 'world champions' that were working with Heredia. When I think about similar situations in other sports, guys flocking to a particular conditioning advisor, there's something suspect about it. Fuentes and especially Michele Ferrari come to mind.

Elite athletes have a whole world of conditioning coaches to choose from, the prestige of working with top athletes is great for your career and there are lots of guys who would be just as well qualified on paper as someone like Ariza or Heredia who they could work with. When lots of different athletes seem to be heading towards particular coaches, it either says that those coaches are truly exceptional, or that they're dirty.

Ariza's association with Pacquiao did get him a lot of respect in boxing circles I'm sure, and maybe that's all there is to it. I have my doubts though. As for Heredia...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

the people dropping him i used as an arguement for why he's probabley not a dirty coach, but you could be on to something, although how would that work?
          are these guys not wanting to take ped's, but he's persuading them into it all connivingly like?

Comment

the ginger needs Memo's power pellets

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
              ariza might sneaks some steroids in the shakes.
              That was the joke. Jeez.

Comment

Goodbye Floyd fight for sure

Comment

Canelo on a side meth = Godzilla killer!!!

Comment

This is a good addition to Canelo's team.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Alvarez going hard for the Pact*rd crowd. Gotta love them Ariza shakes.
                      lol Canelo fans could become the largest anti Floyd Crusade known to man

Comment

Working...
                      X