Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny's time could be a lot closer than we think.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd just turned 34

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
      You favor Floyd who's been very inactive the past few years, is older, and showed he can be hit with bombs his last time out?

All Pac has to do is focus on his foot problem, maybe hire a great masseuse to work on it before and after every training session and get an ice whirlpool. It wasn't the first time the problem cropped up, but it was the first time it hampered his performance in the ring.

Clottey camp It cropped up

Also in the Margarito camp:
      On Friday, WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao was taken to a local hospital after complaining of foot pain while working out at the Florde Gym, according to news from Abs-cbn news. Pacquiao had an MRI done along with blood tests to try and figure out what the problem is. The results were inconclusive. The doctor couldn’t find anything wrong with Pacquiao other than some swelling.

If he gets that worked out, he'll be fine. Everyone was raving that he looked better than ever in his latest camp.
      i think your somewhat missing the point of his post pacs primary weapon is his speed, if that goes he's in big trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        You know joint deterioration ( and the feet have more connective bones than any part of the body) is a long term effect from...

physical activity? constant wear and tear? like basketball players? you're on today!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
          You favor Floyd who's been very inactive the past few years, is older, and showed he can be hit with bombs his last time out?

All Pac has to do is focus on his foot problem, maybe hire a great masseuse to work on it before and after every training session and get an ice whirlpool. It wasn't the first time the problem cropped up, but it was the first time it hampered his performance in the ring.

Clottey camp It cropped up

Also in the Margarito camp:
          On Friday, WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao was taken to a local hospital after complaining of foot pain while working out at the Florde Gym, according to news from Abs-cbn news. Pacquiao had an MRI done along with blood tests to try and figure out what the problem is. The results were inconclusive. The doctor couldn’t find anything wrong with Pacquiao other than some swelling.

If he gets that worked out, he'll be fine. Everyone was raving that he looked better than ever in his latest camp.

Prince, Floyd has always shown vulnerability in the early rounds. If Hatton hit as hard as Shane then Floyd could have found himself in the same trouble, same with Judah and the list goes on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            physical activity? constant wear and tear? like basketball players? you're on today!
            I would guess Manny doesn't use his feet as much in the ring as an NBA player. Can we at least agree on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              I would guess Manny doesn't use his feet as much in the ring as an NBA player. Can we at least agree on that.

do you know what he does during the time when he's not training?

he's playing basketball...everyday...can we agree that there's enough of 'those' threads in NSB and to just keep that agenda over there? Dom has a good topic going...lets not muck it up...

Comment

so now you're leaning towards a guy that you have no idea will look next time out? after sitting on the sideline for more than a year?

Floyd's 35? that dude could be a shell of himself if/when he gets back in there...whether its against PAC or anyone
                Floyd's extremely versatile, has more tools in his belt. He can afford to lose those attributes man. As long as Floyd's motivated, trains hard, he's gonna be a problem for anybody, be it mid 30s or even early 40s!. I know a lot of people don't like Floyd, but those are the kind of skills he holds.

Comment

do you know what he does during the time when he's not training?

he's playing basketball...everyday...can we agree that there's enough of 'those' threads in NSB and to just keep that agenda over there? Dom has a good topic going...lets not muck it up...
                  You know I was just having some fun. But you are right.

Manny dominates because of his physical attributes. Floyd doinates because of his skills and his ability to adjust. Because he has not been hit much while Manny gets hit with a high percentage of his opponents punches (which are usually power shots) I expect floyd to stay at a high level longer.

Shanes punch in round 2 illustrates this perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by _Hisoka View Post
                    Floyd's extremely versatile, has more tools in his belt. He can afford to lose those attributes man. As long as Floyd's motivated, trains hard, he's gonna be a problem for anybody, be it mid 30s or even early 40s!. I know a lot of people don't like Floyd, but those are the kind of skills he holds.

yes he is versatile and he has all those tools...all im saying is we've never seen that versatility and tools applied at age 34/35...to automatically assume that it can still be executed at the elite level withOUT seeing how the guy looks first is just downright homerish

i think before we can make these 'there's no doubt in my mind he'd win' threads, it would be best to side on caution and see the guy first...we've seen fighters age overnight...even fighters that dont rely on explosion...fighters that use basic fundamentals

Comment

yes he is versatile and he has all those tools...all im saying is we've never seen that versatility and tools applied at age 34/35...to automatically assume that it can still be executed at the elite level withOUT seeing how the guy looks first is just downright homerish

i think before we can make these 'there's no doubt in my mind he'd win' threads, it would be best to side on caution and see the guy first...we've seen fighters age overnight...even fighters that dont rely on explosion...fighters that use basic fundamentals
                      Those fighters tend to take a lot of punishment. Floyd to his credit has not. Floyd is a "young" 34 so I don't expect a huge drop off except his speed will be somewhat diminished

Comment

Working...
                      X