Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali is the best? hits harder than foreman and lennox?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yaman View Post
    More like 230ish which suited better for him because he was a lot faster. Weight doesn't make your chin better. You can clearly see Lewis can generate a lot more power than Vitali with 1 shot. That's what this thread comes down to.
    weight does make you take a better punch,,hes gained alot of muscle over time meaning he has a more solid foundation now

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman View Post
      Well to both of you morons I never said the fight was fixed, just that it almost seemed that way considering the circumstances of how good he made Klitschko look physically and verbally as well.

Correction.

Vitali made himself look good, so mystery solved.

Comment

Vitali was never a huge one punch knock out guy to begin with, and he's obviously faded. You can tell many times in the fight he didnt have the energy to follow up.

Who said he hit harder than Lennox and Foreman?

Comment

LoL, at the topic creator mad because Briggs said a white boy punched harder than a black boy.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Damn near,

and IMO a 48yr old Foreman got robbed against Briggs. I thought Foreman beat a prime Briggs.
            That's seems to be teh consensus. Yeah 6 weeks shy of his 49th, close enough. I know power is the last thing to go, but when you're pushing 50, it's pretty much gone. Briggs woulda been hospitalized against a 25 year old Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              Damn near,

and IMO a 48yr old Foreman got robbed against Briggs. I thought Foreman beat a prime Briggs.
              he clearly beat him but hbo/boxing was on the shannon briggs band wagon early and often. even after his embarrassing ko loss to darrol wilson they still wanted to make him a star so they robbed foreman so he could get a shot at lennox. he toiled away in obscurity losing to anyone halfway decent till he knocked out liakovich with 1 second left in the fight. that was the only decent win of his career. he's a complete garbage fighter and a cheater to boot.

Comment

its only dirty if ref says stop. if not you do what you do to win. wlad likes to hold guys and tire them out before target practice. either way lennox shots put briggs on his ass

Comment

Originally posted by prophet larryx View Post
                  weight does make you take a better punch,,hes gained alot of muscle over time meaning he has a more solid foundation now
                  thats not true at all

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                    That's seems to be teh consensus. Yeah 6 weeks shy of his 49th, close enough. I know power is the last thing to go, but when you're pushing 50, it's pretty much gone. Briggs woulda been hospitalized against a 25 year old Foreman.
                    Of course.

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    he clearly beat him but hbo/boxing was on the shannon briggs band wagon early and often. even after his embarrassing ko loss to darrol wilson they still wanted to make him a star so they robbed foreman so he could get a shot at lennox. he toiled away in obscurity losing to anyone halfway decent till he knocked out liakovich with 1 second left in the fight. that was the only decent win of his career. he's a complete garbage fighter and a cheater to boot.
                    Yea, I mean people can I am being a hater or whatever. But, lets be real Briggs is shot. And, even in his prime he was at best, and at mean at best a decent HW contender. Who beat a 48yr old Foreman by a gift decision.

And, that was one of the reasons why I never understood why people were trying to hype him up before the fight.

Props to Briggs for hanging in their tonight, showing heart and toughness. But, in reality I don't consider this a good win for Vitaly. Just due to the version of Briggs that he fought.

Comment

Originally posted by prophet larryx View Post
                      He also had 58 fights/18 years of punishment before this fight and it's been shown many times that your ability to take punishment will only get worse. I've only seen the opposite with Foreman but I don't think he was ever hit as hard again after Ron Lyle.

Comment

Working...
                      X