Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accolades are joke. Its not about whose the best but who the media wants to promote

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
    Not only that...but i think all that announcing the fighter's trainer before the fight crap started with roach too. Like the trainers were being pitted against each other or something.
    Yea that's a bit much

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
      ESPN wanted to stick it to Mayweather one last time (as if he cared). There is no way in **** Canelo's fighter of the day much less year, this is absolutely ridiculous.
      Pretty much. They get to screw Floyd, and not give fury his props since he's also not PC. ESPN gonna ESPN

Comment

ESPN got it right. Canelo is more deserving than PEDweather. Slomo proves he didn't even beat Pacquiao to begin with. That's very damning, if you are šTBEš, and are on PEDs and fighting a washed up, injured man, you should be able to win the match convincingly, shouldn't you.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          Freddie Roach is the most overrated trainer of this generation.....look at Nacho Beristeins resume...he managed Vincente Salidvar in the 70s, he actually built and made champions from scratch, hall of famers, etc, and I don't ever remember him getting much attention or accolades...I get it....he is white, with a terminal disease, and trained the most beloved fighter of this generation, but he was not the best trainer of this generation nor did he deserve trainer of the year so many times when some of those years he had mixed results

Canelo is not 2015 fighter of the year.....Floyd Mayweather is....he won the biggest fight in boxing history and retired 49-0....if any other fighter would have done this, he would have won easily

[B]GGG was a huge candidate for some, even Doug Fischer, who I respect but is a bit biased...GGG is already the least deserving top 5 so called p4p guy and they tried to hand him fighter of the year too?..[/B]GGG is fun to watch but beat unranked Monroe, decent Murray and titleholder Lemieux don't get you fighter of the year on planet earth.

It just goes to show you , things are turning into popularity contests, instead of awarding fighters for what they've accomplished in the ring....prime example is Arturo Gatti, Ray Mancini and Barry McGuigan being in the hall but better more accomplished fighters like Gilberto Roman, Eddie Booker, and Diego Corrales not being in

Why are you shocked? Professional boxing is all about who is the most popular.
          Did Canelo deserve fighter of the year? Probably not. Is he the worst candidate ever to get it? Of course not.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            Pretty much. They get to screw Floyd, and not give fury his props since he's also not PC. ESPN gonna ESPN
            It's funny, those are my one and two fighters of the year. Everyone, including me, thought Fury was going to get his head knocked off but he ends up putting on a show. It wasn't the most entertaining fight but it was hugely significant as Wlad hadn't been beaten in 11 years and Fury took him to school.

Comment

Working...
            X