No announcement yet.

Super Bantamweight (122) is the Biggest Joke in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
    Not even close to the same situation. In that case the champion of the division ducked the top contender. My god, boxing is so ******ed.
    Frampton has not ducked Rigondeaux IMO. I think Scott Quigg obviously has being the WBA paper champ for so long without fighting the real WBA champ and so did Santa Cruz fighting janitors. I don't see where Frampton-Rigondeaux has been viable yet.

I think it's unfair to judge Frampton in the same light as those two and I'm not saying that just because I'm a fan.

Frampton has always maintained - win a world title, fight Quigg then Santa Cruz/ Rigo. He seems to be following the path so far. I will call him out if he waivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Frampton has not ducked Rigondeaux IMO. I think Scott Quigg obviously has being the WBA paper champ for so long without fighting the real WBA champ and so did Santa Cruz fighting janitors. I don't see where Frampton-Rigondeaux has been viable yet.

I think it's unfair to judge Frampton in the same light as those two and I'm not saying that just because I'm a fan.

Frampton has always maintained - win a world title, fight Quigg then Santa Cruz/ Rigo. He seems to be following the path so far. I will call him out if he waivers.
      I don't think he's ducked him either. That fight should happen to create a #1 contender to fight the champion. My overall issue is that Rigo was stripped so that Frampton vs. Quigg can be a unification and Rigo will have to fight the winner to regain his title. That's BS especially because Quigg has beaten no one and has a joke of a title.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        Well the good news is Frampton or Quigg are about to take an L.If Rigo cant do anything at 122 he should do what Ward is doing and move up ; 126 is stacked and from what I heard recently Loma is calling him out. Guillermo started at 122 and a second division would do him some good.
        He didn't start at 122..... 122 IS his second division.

And he's even too small for that one.

Comment

Rigondeaux wouldn't move up without a rehydration clause and when that was agreed to, he still didn't take the fight.

I am a huge admirer of Rigo. I would probably rank him as the best fighter in the world if Mayweather was really retired. But people put him on some different level God-like pedestal.
          The hydration clause was NEVER agreed to, ever.

Comment

Call him out then, please. Because he said after his last fight that he was leaving 122, the cut was too difficult. If Quigg and him wasn't such a big money domestic fight - he'd be at 126 right now getting action with Cruz or Russel on PBC.

http://www.boxingscene.com/frampton-...ove-126--93686

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
              He didn't start at 122..... 122 IS his second division.

And he's even too small for that one.
              Technically your are correct he weighed 122¼ in his pro debute however he was fighting for a minor title @ 122 in his third contest. He never made any serious effort above that -- 123 or 125 are not legit weight divisions , I dont know what was going on there to be honest.

Comment

It hasn't been the same since Pacquiao swept through

Comment

The hydration clause was NEVER agreed to, ever.
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/vasyl-lom...t-fight--95269

What kind of gay **** is a rehydration clause anyway? If someone requested something similar from Rigo, they'd be called every name under the sun.

Call him out then, please. Because he said after his last fight that he was leaving 122, the cut was too difficult. If Quigg and him wasn't such a big money domestic fight - he'd be at 126 right now getting action with Cruz or Russel on PBC.

http://www.boxingscene.com/frampton-...ove-126--93686
                  Frampton said he might move up but later acknowledged that he just got the weight wrong. It was his American debut and he was out of his comfort zone.

I think if he does eventually move up, he won't be asking for rehydration clauses.

Comment

Definitely one of the most frustrating divisions.

Post Rigo vs Doniare the top 4 was:

Rigo
                    Frampton
                    LSC
                    Quigg

two years later and the no,1 cant/wont fight, the no,3 has left the division having fought no one good for years and none of the those 4 have fought each other.

Obviously its great that Quigg and Frampton are getting it on, but it doesnt erase the past two years.

In regards to Rigondeaux, honestly, he needs to get his **** together. Im a huge fan (an original Rigotard member) but he has aligned himself with the wrong people and doesnt seem to be trying all that hard to get away. He got away from Hyde (who I dont have a huge problem with) and I thought was on his way to Haymon, which would have been great, but nothing has happened. He was supposed to announce 'big news' in Spetember and its now ****ing November.

Whether by **** luck, poor judgement or whatever Rigo is crapping away his career and I I dont think we can blame the other guys for not fighting him in the circumstances (except for LSC with the $3milli demands lol)

Comment

Working...
                    X