in 12 hours time, Deontay Wilder becomes "legit"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    31-0(31 ko's)

he will face a young, up and coming talented heavyweight and he will ko him within 4 rounds just like everyone else he's faced.

What will the haters say then.

Beware, wilder is coming and there is NOBODY who can stop him

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
      The fact that light hitting Chisora dropped Scott should be all you need to know about Scott's chances.
      What about the fact that "hard-hitting" Glazkov got picked to pieces by Scott?

Comment

Deontay Wilder may well be the most skilled boxer I've ever seen. Technique, versatility, ring IQ... the guy has it all in spades.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          What about the fact that "hard-hitting" Glazkov got picked to pieces by Scott?
          Glazkov isn't hard-hitting and he didn't get "picked to pieces" - I thought the draw was just since they both fought not to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
            Johnson never tries to win. That's why he's so focking boring. He will always come just to survive. The punch that knocked Johnson down was a very good punch so all credit to Chisora.

I don't care what the judges had to say..Scott won that fight but I do agree with you that he likes to play it safe and can by lazy at times. Malik is still a pretty good fighter. He moves well in the ring and is a good counter puncher with fast hands...a nice long jab, good defence and overall good boxing skills. Malik has all the tools to beat someone like Wilder but like I said I don't think he's mentally strong. Think Malik eventually gets clipped with the right at some stage and stopped but It would be nice to see how Wilder fares going past the 4th round.
            Scott is exactly what he is - a well rounded sparring partner type of fighter who will never rise to the occasion since he's got that sparring partner mentality of idling along. I don't see that type of fighter able to give someone like Wilder any trouble whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              Malik Scott is by no means a top contender in the division.

In order for Wilder to become legit, at least in my eyes, he would have to beat a HW like Arreola. An established, tough HW who packs a good punch and can take a good one as well. That is when we will truly see what Wilder is made of. Scott will only test the ring smarts of Wilder and just mildly.
              :qqq::qqq:

Scott does nothing for his step up! May as well be fighting a garden hose.
              Despite if Scott has any talent or not. Wilder needs to fight a top 10...a top 20 guy at least. he is on the same roller coaster as Butter bean. Beating bums. Fight a good name and legit threat...then lets talk about Wilder being serious. Other than that he is under card entertainment.

Comment

It'll be great if Scott can take him past 6 rounds, i want to see what Wilder looks like in the later rounds.

Comment

I just hope that Scott lands one right hand in this fight. Which Probably wont happen, but I'd like to see it.

Wilder looks like he'll be decked by the slightest of punches so even someone as feather fisted as Scott could knock him out.

Likeliness is that Scott will jab and move before being caught in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    31-0(31 ko's)

he will face a young, up and coming talented heavyweight and he will ko him within 4 rounds just like everyone else he's faced.

What will the haters say then.

Beware, wilder is coming and there is NOBODY who can stop him
                    Didn't Arreola a guy who eats burritos and Doritos during training camp knock this chump out in one round

Comment

No HW contender has the combination of size, power and speed of Wilder. None. He may turn out to be a flop from a technical perspective or his chin might fail him. Who knows, but I do know that there isn't one guy coming up with the combination of those physical traits. Not one. And his fitness should embarrass way more skilled guys like Solis. And he's exciting. He should get support for bigger fights not hate that he hasn't scored them yet. Scott's a solid opponent with a lot to lose. He goes back into obscurity where he was for so long between being a young prospect and the Glazkov break out. It could be better than anyone expects. I think Scott will probably get bombed out though and Wilder won't get much credit even though it'd be a very solid win.

Comment

Working...
                      X