No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roman Martinez Wins Gold, Beats Beltran in a War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roman Martinez Wins Gold, Beats Beltran in a War

Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas - Score one for Puerto Rico in the latest chapter of the Puerto Rico versus Mexico rivalry. Rocky Martinez (26-1-1) picked up the vacant WBO super featherweight title in an exciting split decision victory over Miguel Beltran (27-2). Beltran appeared to land the harder shots and control the pace of the fight but the judges thought otherwise. Their were many close rounds that could jhave gone either way. The scores were 116-111 Beltran and 114-113 twice for Martinez. Beltran started out fast wobbling Martinez on numerous occasions in the first round to the delight of the many Mexican fans in attendance. Neither fighter is known for their defense and both had their moments.

[Click Here To Read More]

GREAT FIGHT! The ref won the fight though. How the hell did that judge have it 116 - 111?

Comment

Rocky almost got robbed with that first scorecard with we're they watching glad rocky won he earned it he was the better fighter even with a long layoff he still has that granite chin

Comment

Originally posted by B.R!ghteous View Post
        GREAT FIGHT! The ref won the fight though. How the hell did that judge have it 116 - 111?
        I swear, judges should watch the fight on TV, way better visibility and angles. The judge had it way to open!

Comment

Great fight & a close one!! I thought Martinez pulled it out, especially in the last round..¿What the hell was HBO unofficial judge(Lederman) watching in the last round that he gave it to Beltran?

Comment

Robbery!!!!! The ref spoiled the fight.

Comment

Ledderman gives the guy who throws the most punches the round in almost every case,even when Martinez was getting clocked cleanly.I had Beltran winning by a point but he should have won more clearly and possibly even stopped him given that he had him hurt twice earlier on in the fight.

Comment

robbery !! Vegas judges do it again :!

Comment

Great fight. 100% should have been a draw. But great fight. I'd like to see the rematch.

Comment

This was no "robbery", it was a very close fight that could have gone either way, but in the end, Rocky got the nod.

Anyways, great fight.

Hopefully they have a rematch soon.

And who knows, maybe a trilogy too.

Comment

Working...
                    X