No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rubio, Cota Respectful Ahead of Saturday’s Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rubio, Cota Respectful Ahead of Saturday’s Showdown

After weeks of going back and forth through the media, Marco Antonio Rubio and Jorge Cota instead took the high road during Thursday’s press conference in Torreon, Mexico. The final presser was held for their crossroads bouts Saturday evening at Auditorio Centenario, where a capacity crowd is expected for Rubio’s first hometown fight in nearly 18 months.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'm absolutely sickened at the Mexican authorities for allowing this fight to come to fruition, given that Rubio was on the end of a merciless beating not four months ago. The sustained assault was so savage that those around me repeatedly tried to call the police and beckon them to stop the fight, but the lines were busy, presumably from others trying to do likewise. One only has to listen to the slurring Rubio exhibits when he speaks and the outrageous slander he lobs at Chavez to know that he hasn't even began to recover yet.

It was just two months ago I was being informed that Rubio was spending his days rocking in a chair, stopping occasionally, only to say "No Mas, Chavez!".

Comment

Working...
    X